Chapter 30- Never.

Morning..

Red and Layla woke up next to one another. Of course, Layla woke up first but as she was about to get up and off the bed, Red groaned in her sleep and pulled her closer and tighter, as if she was some sort of teddy bear, a comforting one, a soft one, a glimmering beauty.

And so, Layla's greens shut once again, she nuzzled closer to Red's warmth and slept to the feel of her breaths. Her so warm breaths invaded and coated her whole body in safety, care, and love. Such precious and tender love.

Layla wakes up again after a while passes, sheets empty and cold beside her, not one trace of the brown-eyed girl until a familiar scent of cigarettes and mint conquers all the other smells, like the clean but so messy white bed sheets, the burning vanilla candle on her vanity and the crisp Saturday morning air that is being let in through her balcony doors. Layla peels her eyes open to see the curtains slightly dancing in ease, the balcony door faintly open, the smell of comfort coming from there.

Layla clutches onto her large duvet, wrapping herself in it before she slips out of the empty bed, not rushingly but calmly. Layla feels the cold floors beneath her feet as she makes her way to the balcony, but despite the cold, she remains warm. Knowing that behind the balcony doors, sits the brown-eyed girl, smoking, writing, whatever it is that she is meant for, she is doing, but not just anywhere. Not somewhere where she isn't loved, or cared for, not in violence and agony, but within safe walls, in Layla's presence. Layla knows that as long as she is around, Red will always have someone that cares for her.

Layla slightly pulls the door open to reveal her beauty, Red sat on a chair with a cigarette burning in between her red lips, and her journal in her lap with her legs up and a black pen in her hand.

Red looks over her shoulder at Layla, glancing over at the movement with a slightly lost expression in her gaze that she gives her before her eyes meet Layla's greens and a smirk overcomes her lips at the sight of her as she quickly slams the journal shut, instinct kicking in instantly.

Layla smiles in curiosity at the speed of it, "What are you hiding from me?" Layla giggles, her smile uprising as her eyes flick to the journal in Red's hand, Red clutching onto it tighter and closer to herself as she takes the cigarette out from her lips, "Absolutely, nothing." Red springs up and out of the chair.

Layla's eyebrows shoot up before her mouth drops open and an exasperated gasp comes out, "Reagan Levine, are you lying to me right now?" Layla accuses as a smile overcomes the pair's faces, their eyes brightening in joy.

"Never." Red lets out, her lips pursing as she shakes her head and the pair hold an intent gaze at one another, warm brown meeting soft green as the cool wind blows at Layla's blonde locks as Red starts towards her before she throws the cigarette to the floor and her lips smash against Layla's unexpectedly in complete compassion and love.

Layla reaches her hand to caress Red's jaw softly as Red pulls her closer by the waist before Layla pulls away and looks up at the girl, "Let's go for breakfast, yeah?" The words roll so smoothly off Layla's tongue that Red can't help but obey her and so she simply nods in response before the pair go back into the room, Red throws her journal in one of Layla's drawers and they make their way down.

The pair have breakfast with the rest of the family, and it goes as it usually does, Hugo and Faye constantly nagging to get up off the table and go play games with Red whilst Diana insists for them to stay seated as Red laughs and stuffs her face with food while Layla is bullying her younger siblings in any way she can, kicking them from under the table and them avenging her by throwing bananas in her food knowing full well she hates them as Daniel stares in a daze at his little but perfect family.