Chapter 11- Dream

Next day..

Layla is in bed with Keegan, not just any bed, but her bed. He's holding her as she caresses his arm softly, "I could be with you forever.." Keegan whispers in Layla's ear, Layla immediately turning to him as he stares at her lovingly and fondly.

"Really?" Layla's voice is high pitched and surprised, her eyes flick from his eyes to his lips in a quick motion and consistently.

"Why are you in such disbelief?" He chuckles, his hand meeting her cheek, cupping it as he caresses, Layla flushing a bright red.

"You've- you've never said something like that to me before.." Layla shyly whispers, her eyes refusing to break eye contact with Keegan, admiring his features as much as she can.

"Correct." His eyes suddenly darken, "And i never will." An evil smile forms on his lips as his voice deepens. Layla's heart dropping as his grip gets tighter.

"What? You think you're suddenly deserving of love cause of one act of kindness you committed? You think you're suddenly a 'good' person?" He mocks, his expressions unrecognisable to Layla as his large hand wraps around her throat.

"You don't deserve shit!" He spits in her face, bringing her closer to his face, "You mean nothing! You're a fucking slut, that everyone sleeps around with. No one will ever give the slightest fuck about you!" He angrily shouts in her face, Layla feels tears forming in her eyes as she begins to sob, attempting to pull his hand off of her thats choking her when he suddenly begins to morph into herself.

There she is, stood before a reflection of herself but a much darker version that's on the verge of ending her life, right then and there.

"St-op.." Layla gasps, hitting and pushing at the other her. The other her simply smiles in pride before, "You are pathetic." The other her coldly spits before letting go and leaving Layla to lie alone on her cold bed, gasping for air as she cries out.

"Layla.." She hears an echo, a familiar voice calling her name.

She hears it again but louder this time. "Layla." And one more time before she's shook and she opens her eyes to see Red stood over her with her hand on Layla's shoulder, "Your mum's calling you for breakfast." Red says before narrowing her eyebrows when seeing a tear sliding down Layla's cheek, "Are you.. okay?" Red questions as she rips her hand away.

Layla's hand is immediately at her cheek and furiously wiping, "Yeah, great! I'll be down in a minute. Go ahead." Layla fake smiles as she rushes to sit up, nervously rubbing her thighs. Red raises an eyebrow of anticipation, she knows something is wrong but still all she says is, "Okay.." Before she walks out.

Red could tell that something was wrong, but Red doesn't know how to approach things like that, she feels like the night before taught her well despite her trying her best to shut it out and not remember it due to embarrassment, fear, regret and any other negative emotion.

A few minutes later, Layla makes it downstairs where she's met with Red sat at the table with her mother, her father and her siblings eating breakfast. All with bright smiles on their faces, Layla's heart warms up at the sight of it.

"Come sit down, love." Diana fondly smiles at Layla who's stood still with her arms and legs straight as if frozen. Diana is sat on the end of the table facing Daniel on the other side, Faye and Hugo (Layla's younger siblings) are sat next to one another and then Red is sat with a spare chair next to her just opposite them.

Layla slowly and silently walks over, everyone at the table is either drinking or eating. Red turns to her and for the first time in Layla's life has she seen Red even slightly smile, and not at anything but at her. Red was fucking smiling at Layla. Layla.