Confrontation

Momo was waiting outside the Wilson's Garage. A red truck pulled up next to her car and someone got out.

He walked straight to the garage. Momo observed the man carefully before exiting her car.

"Hey Wilson...long time no see." Momo leaned against her car before speaking.

The man stopped dead on tracks. He smiled and sighed. Then he turned around slowly.

"Hey Mo." He put his hands on his pocket and shook his head. The man in his late thirties chuckled.

"No where to run huh?." Momo asked smirking.

"You got me. I guess there are some things to straighten out right." Robert asked walking a bit forward.

Momo straightened her posture and stood up tall. "Nah... I am just here to see you." Momo casually replied.

"Wow...that's new. Don't you wanna ask?" Robert crossed his arms over his chest and looked at Momo curiously.

"What should I ask? How you are still alive when everyone thought you were dead? Or the fact that why you betrayed all of us and got Somi killed? Or the fact that you killed Somi." Momo gritted her teeth out when she said the last sentence.

The man stiffened. He never expected Momo to find out the last part. He paled when he realised what will happen. Or who will happen specifically.

"Jeongyeon doesn't know." Momo replied as if she read his mind.

"When I was admitted to the hospital after I was shot in the leg, the doctor told me that the bullet came from close range. I was shocked, the only people within close range were you and Somi. Then it dawned to me, probably there is a fox among the sheeps. But I still didn't suspect you. Do you know why?" Momo asked Robert who stood there without any response.

"Because I thought we were family. I went around poking every one of our team members trying to find the mole until Somi's funeral, when Commander Ming said, Somi wasn't the target of the sniper." Momo looked straight into Robert's eyes.

"I was the target, wasn't I?" Momo asked her voice cold.

Robert swallowed and that was enough for Momo.

"I was ready to die for you when you got shot first. I always had your back in the battle field. And you....you wanted to kill me for what??? Your petty ego?" Momo yelled

"It wasn't ego. It was my life. You three ruined my life." Robert snarled back

"You ruined your own life Robert. You decided to listen to a mysogynist who wanted to eliminate every single woman in the force. He brainwashed you into believing that if you worked under a woman your career will be ruined. You were blinded by that man. You thought every single one of us were your enemy but in fact we all respected you and thought of you as a family. Yet you killed one of us." Momo felt emotional speaking about it.

"I have been keeping this secret for years. I couldn't bring myself to tell others. Why did you do it Robert? You killed Somi. She was a child.....she always followed you around like a sister.... I would have been happy if it was me you killed. But instead I have to watch her die. Live with the guilt of not being able to protect her."

Robert stood there unable to respond. He never thought how they felt. He was partially guilty but then again Commander Kwan was a fatherly figure to him. When he visited their camp for assessment, he was shocked to see an all women force competing so well with his all men crew. The grudge against Commander Ming and his achievements lead Commander Kwan to manipulate the only man in the team to his side.

Robert being living in the shadow of four exceptional girls felt out of place. He was easily tricked and offered a position in Kwan's team. Power hungry and jealous men together ruined several lives in the process.

Unknown to Momo and Robert, someone was watching them.

"I....I didn't mean to kill her." Robert finally spoke.

"I wanted to prove myself. And..and when he came with these offers and everything....I swear I didn't want to kill anybody. I just wanted to injure you...then the rifle fired a second round and.... You don't think I didn't feel guilty of what I did?" Robert screamed.

"Then why are you still working for him?" Momo asked curiously.

"I can't quit. You have to understand, my...my son....he has cancer....I need money." Robert's voice cracked a little.

Momo felt bad for him. If it was Jeongyeon in her place there won't be a talk. It would have been kill at sight. That's why when she knew his location from Dahyun, she went alone to meet him.

"Stop this madness Robert. We can help you. We can help your son. Leave him." Momo said.

"Listen Momo. I am sorry for whatever happened back then. I know sorry won't cut it but I am ready to do anything to solve this mess. I didn't really know you guys were the ones who kidnapped that Mun's boy or behind that Myoi girl, I felt the patterns similar and now it just confirmed when you found me. I will leave it but I need time, they are stronger and they have eyes all over. I sure we are under watch too. So let's split for now. I will get in touch with you later. Trust me one last time Mo. I am gonna make this right." Robert promised Momo. She eyes him but nodded and quickly entered her car driving off.

When Momo's car drove off, Robert looked at the two men sitting in the car on the other side of the road. He smiled at them and nodded, signaling that it's just a friendly meet nothing serious. But inside he was terrified. He knew his days are numbered now but at least he got a chance to undo the wrong doings.