A glimpse of the Past

"Oppa can you drop me for my interview on your way to the office?" Chaeyoung asked her Oppa who was getting ready to leave.

"I have to drop Tzuyu off at the campus. When is your interview?" Jeongyeon asked.

"It's at 9.30AM." Chaeyoung replied.

"Alright get in. We have to pick Jihyo on the way." Jeongyeon opened the car door.

"Hey..I get the front seat." " No you sat there last time. It's my turn today." Both Tzuyu and Chaeyoung started fighting for the front seat.

"Cut it out you two. Go sit in the back seat. Both of you." Jeongyeon scolded firmly and they obeyed sulking.

They dropped Tzuyu off at the campus and rode to the interview location. Jeongyeon felt the road was all too familiar.

"Hey Ji. Does this road seem familiar to you?" She asked Jihyo who was going through her emails.

"Hmm.... Let me check." Jihyo looked out curiously watching all the boards and signs. " Hey wasn't this the way to your father's restaurant?" Jihyo quickly pointed out.

"Oh yeah...shit. How did I forget?" Jeongyeon exclaimed and looked out. A lot has changed in twenty years. There were more buildings in the neighborhood. All of them in modern architecture. Her father's restaurant was traditional Korean style. And there weren't many buildings at that time.

They dropped Chaeyoung off at a building around the corner.

"Is this where your interview is?" Jihyo asked Chaeyoung surprised.

"Yeah. Why?" Chaeyoung was confused.

"Nothing. All the best Chae." Jihyo smiled and pat her shoulder.

She rushed back to the car and pulled Jeongyeon out.

"What the fuck Ji?"

"Look at that building." Jihyo pointed out to the building Chaeyoung went.

"What?" Jeongyeon asked looking at it.

"You don't remember? Look closer Jeongyeon. Look at the tree at the corner." Jihyo pushed Jeongyeon excitedly.

"Holy shit..." Jeongyeon mouth opened wide. Realisation hit her hard. This was the place where her father's restaurant stood.

"Remembered? We used to climb that tree when we were kids. Your mother was always scared shitless. I am surprised the people who bought it didn't cut it off." Jihyo amused.

Jeongyeon stood there reminiscing in the past. Her eyes welled up. The last time she came here was the day when they signed off the property to the debt collectors. The next year she heard the news that the company who bought it demolished her father's restaurant.

One by one she lost everything her father owned. The only thing left was few of her father's recipe books.

She shook her head and walked back to her car. Atleast she was happy that if Chaeyoung get the job, she will be able to be around this land.

Momo was waiting for them patiently at the office. When Jihyo told her about their first client, she was unsure in the beginning. Her intuitions got the best of her and she asked Dahyun to do a thorough background check.

The smart kid spend hours snooping through different sources and gave her a detailed idea. Now all she has to do is convince Jeongyeon to take the contract. She hoped things would workout for good.

"Hey Mo. What's up?" Jeongyeon asked as she walked into the office with her coffee. Jihyo followed suit and sat on the couch.

Dahyun looked up from her spot behind the computers. She had started her work yesterday when Momo called to do some work. So far she loved this job. No threats from any gang members and her family is finally happy about her.