The Talk

At the Ims residence.

"Wow man, these sandwiches are good." Ryujin bit into another piece of delicious sandwich Jeongyeon bought from home.

"Ha...ha...I know right. Chae did it." Jeongyeon replied proudly.

"Really?? I didn't know she could cook" Ryujin wondered.

"Oh my Chae cooks really well. She had been packing my lunch since she was six. Can you imagine that?" Jeongyeon exclaimed like a proud sister.

"Aww...I am jealous of you." Ryujin pouted. It's no wonder everyone in the shadow team was jealous of Jeongyeon for having such well behaved and lovely sisters.

"Don't be...they are a pain in the ass sometimes." Jeongyeon shook her head chuckling.

"That's hard to believe" Ryujin looked at Jeongyeon confusingly.

"Here's the thing. I will let you test them. Especially Tzuyu. She is savage like really savage. " Jeongyeon replied seriously.

"Well. I will take you up on that offer." Ryujin nodded as she replied.

Nayeon walked down the stairs to where the agents sat chatting.

"Agent Kyungwan." Nayeon greeted Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon stood up " Miss Im." She nodded her head. Ryujin watched the interaction curiously.

"Can I have a word with you? Privately?" Nayeon asked a bit hesitant.

Jeongyeon looked at Ryujin. " Yeah...sure." she answered. Ryujin just shrugged at her friend and continued eating the sandwich.

Nayeon led Jeongyeon to her study. As usualy a table was set outside in the balcony with a steaming plate of tteobokki.

"Please take your seat." Nayeon gestured towards the chair.

"Okay." Jeongyeon simply stated and sat down.

"I hope you wouldn't mind having lunch with me." Nayeon said as she sat down.

"I just had a sandwich earlier." Jeongyeon started but when she saw the sad smile on Nayeon's face she quickly added." But I won't miss good tteokbokki." She smiled a bit at Nayeon.

"Thank you. " Nayeon replied and she served Jeongyeon with the tteokbokki she made.

"You are getting better at this." Jeongyeon mumbled as she ate her fist bite of tteokbokki.

"Practice makes things perfect." Nayeon commented as she sipped her coffee and watched Jeongyeon eat.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Jeongyeon asked mid bite.

"I did. I just want this moment to not end." Nayeon replied smiling.

Jeongyeon stopped eating to look at Nayeon. She felt her heart race looking at the woman she love. Even after all these years Nayeon never seems to age. They were both in their thirties yet Jeongyeon felt the same butterflies in her stomach when she first met Nayeon.

"You look beautiful." Jeongyeon blurted out without realising.

Nayeon's eyes widened at the confession. She blushed a little and tucked a fallen strand of hair behind her ears.

Jeongyeon came back to her senses once she realised what she said." I mean...you...ummm..I just...." She struggled for words.

"It's okay. I am glad you still find me beautiful after all these years." Nayeon looked down at her lap sadly.

Jeongyeon leaned forward." Hey...hey..." She placed a hand on top of Nayeon's on the table."I was just....sorry I am so stupid." Jeongyeon tried to comfort.

"I had always dreamed about this day. I had so many things planned to talk to you and yet, I have nothing to say now." Nayeon felt her eyes tear up.

"I thought I lost you forever. You know." Jeongyeon replied looking out.

"I am so...." Nayeon's words were interrupted by Jeongyeon's fingers on her lips.

"Don't be. There is nothing you have to be sorry about. Past is past. I am not going down that road again." Jeongyeon replied firmly as she held both of Nayeon's hands.

"I am broken Jeongyeon. There is too much to repair." Nayeon felt hot tears stream down her eyes.

Jeongyeon stood up from the chair , walked around and kneeled in front of Nayeon. "I am going to break every bone of those who made you suffer. But when I come back promise me that you won't push me away. Because I am not the old Jeongyeon you know. There is a monster inside me. " Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon with hope.

Nayeon cupped Jeongyeon's face in her hands." You are not a monster Yoo Jeongyeon. You are everything to me. You have always been. Please forgive me for breaking you. Please forgive me for making you suffer." Nayeon placed her forehead on Jeongyeon's and cried. Jeongyeon held her tight in her arms.

"I forgive you Im Nayeon. Be my baby?" Jeongyeon asked lifting Nayeon's face to look in her eyes.

Nayeon smiled through her tears and nodded frantically." Yes...yes...a thousand times yes.." she hugged Jeongyeon with all her might.

Jeongyeon chuckled a bit and rubbed circles on Nayeon's back. They stayed embraced like that for quite some time until Jeongyeon's phone rang.

Jeongyeon excused herself to quickly stand up and attended the call. It was Jihyo about something they needed to discuss.

"Ummm..I have to get to the office in a bit. I will call you....later" Jeongyeon stood in the room awkwardly.

"Wait..." Nayeon quickly got up and walked towards Jeongyeon. She stood closer to Jeongyeon and made her tie along with her shirt.

"You are still the same." Nayeon said as she fixed Jeongyeon's ties. Jeongyeon felt like her breath left her body with Nayeon's face this close to her.

"I want to kiss you right now." Jeongyeon blurted out once again

Nayeon's eyes widened. She smiled and replied." No one is stopping you." With that a pair of lips clashed into Nayeon's and she braced herself by grabbing Jeongyeon's biceps.

Jeongyeon places her hand on the back of Nayeon's neck and deepened the kiss. A little moan escaped Nayeon's lips and Jeongyeon was losing it.

After what seemed like and eternity of making out, Jeongyeon reluctantly pulled back. Their breathing was so hard and Nayeon's eye lids were half closed from the desire. Her cheeks painted red from blushing.

"I will be back." Jeongyeon promised and pecked Nayeon one last time before leaving the room.

Nayeon stood there trying to calm her racing heart and desire. She placed a hand on her chest and licked her lips. A smile formed in her face. Maybe it's not late after all.