The Doctor's Visit

As agreed to her father, Nayeon reluctantly got ready to meet the doctor. Her husband was excited. Somehow Minhyuk seemed confident in this doctor.

They rode the car in silence. Occasionally she saw Minhyuk on his phone talking to different people. She used to work as a music teacher in an elementary school in Seoul. She loved her job but marriage took the joy out of her. Or she did it herself. Nayeon was never the same as she was 10 years ago.

She used to smile more. She used to dance and sing to her heart's content and she has the best audience. A handsome soldier, who would look at her with mouth wide open and clap hands to the beat. She smiled a bit but tears welled up and blurred her vision. She quickly shook her head.

Nayeon assumed she will be taken to a hospital but was clearly surprised to see herself standing in front of a clinic which has been built on a Japanese model. The clinic had a beautiful garden, it reminded her of someone from her past.

She was shaken out of her thoughts when a hand clasped around hers. She deeply wished it was someone else but was disappointed to realise that it was her husband.

"Shall we?" Minhyuk smiled broadly and gestured towards the door.

Nayeon simply nodded and followed him. The interiors were simple and elegant. It has the aesthetics of Japanese architecture but was minimalistic to the core. Every nook and corner was carefully planned and placed. It really screamed artistic. Nayeon was impressed none the less.

The front desk asked the couple to wait for the doctor in her office as she was attending a patient at the moment.

They sat inside the doctor's office. The desk was neatly arranged. There were several plants inside the office, which Nayeon found odd. Who is this person?

As if her question had been heard, the door opened revealing a young doctor. Nayeon turned her head around to look and her breath left her body. No...no....please don't do this to me.  Am I dreaming? Nayeon pinched her arm, flinching as the pain brought her back to reality.

Sana never expected that the client in her office would be none other than Im Nayeon out of the people in the world.

She stood at the door for a moment. Swallowing hard, she forced a smile for the husband who came forward to shake her hand.

"Hello Doctor, I am Minhyuk. We talked on the phone yesterday." He talked animatedly.

"Oh yes. I remember. Nice to meet you Mr. Minhyuk. You can call me Sana or Doctor Sana."  She gestured for him to sit down and she walked around to sit on her chair.

"Very well, Doctor Sana. This is my wife Nayeon." He introduced his wife and once again Nayeon felt the awkwardness rise up. She forced a small smile and bowed.

"Nice to meet you Nayeon." If Nayeon wants to play this game, she could do it as well and boy did she slay with her professionally courtesy. Thanks to years of practice.

"Well, now that introductions are off the table. Why don't we get to the main thing." Sana leaned forward intenting to listen to the couple just like every other client.

"Uhh...yeah sure. As I already talked to you over the phone, we have been married for five years now and we never had the luck to have a baby." Minhyuk sadly mentioned the last part looking at his wife, who was looking at the table unable to make eye contact with the doctor.

Sana caught on it but decided to ignore.

"I understand Mr. Minhyuk. For some clarification, have you guys consulted any other doctors. " Sana asked curiously.

"Yes we did. Baby did you bring the records?" Minhyuk answered again and asked Nayeon for the records.

She nodded slowly and handed the documents to Minhyuk, who handed it over to Sana.