30: Met You in a Bar

When they landed, there was already a car waiting outside the jet for Cordelia. Another man in a suit loaded up the car for them. Once buckled in, Cordelia started the drive onto the highway. From there, she took the route to a small neighborhood just outside Manhattan. She pulled up to a small house. The outside was a pale yellow, with white shutters, and a large tree sitting in the front yard that harbored a hammock and a tire swing. 

Misty did find it adorable.

Cordelia led her girlfriend inside the house, which surprised her when she stepped inside. The whole house still had its original wood floors, which were stained a dark brown. Almost if not all of the furniture looked like an antique. The walls of the living room were painted a light sage green, and covered with old paintings and family pictures. The hall leading to the bedrooms was covered in floral wallpaper and wooden panels. The bedroom Cordelia opened had a king-sized bed with an old, wooden frame that held it against the left wall. A matching dresser sat across from it, and next to that was a vanity.

After their bags were put away, Cordelia showed Misty the bathroom and the kitchen. However, not long after their arrival, Misty wanted to lie down for a while. They two ended up sleeping until Cordelia woke up at 5 P.M. to her phone ringing.

Misty woke up to the sound of her lover talking. She turned to wrap her arms around Cordelia's but found the bed empty. Her brow furrowed as she finally started to come to. She looked around the room to see Cordelia standing next to her bag, and her phone up to her ear.

"Thanks for calling," Cordelia's voice was soft. She turned to see Misty was up, and held up her pointer finger before walking into the hallway.

Misty started to worry as she got out of bed. When she went to step into the hallway, Cordelia was headed back in. "What's wrong?"

"I had a friend call to make sure we were running on time today. I didn't want to be late for tonight." She explained.

Misty raised a curious brow. "Can I know yet?"

"Nope," Cordelia smiled. "Just get dressed."

"Casual, fancy... sexy?" Misty sat on the edge of the bed, leaning back on her hands.

The older blonde stepped over to the bed, standing between Misty's thighs. "Casual, but you can decide on the sexy part... just nothing too showy."

Misty wrapped a leg around Cordelia's, pulling her down onto her lap. Her hands came to rest on the woman's hips. "Is it dinner or an event? I'm kinda hungry."

"Both," Cordelia placed her hands on Misty's shoulders. She slowly pushed her blonde curls back and leaned down to press a kiss against pale, freckled skin.

"Are we going to a club?" The younger woman's head fell to the side.

"Maybe..."

Misty bit her lip, hands gripping Cordelia's shirt. "Regular or... mm, fetish?"

"Both," Cordelia pulled back to look into blue hues. "Do you want to meet some friends of mine? I think you'd really like a couple of them. And then tomorrow if you're up for it, we're going to have lunch with my aunt and then go see a show."

Misty bit her lip as she nodded. "I might be awkward."

"You're not awkward. You're shy and I think it's adorable." Cordelia placed a small kiss on Misty's nose.

The younger woman giggled softly. "Thank ya... so sexy club clothes?"

"Sure, baby." With that, Cordelia got up from the other woman's lap. She walked over to the closet to start picking out her outfit for the night.