19: I'll Be Cleaning Up Bottles With You on New Year's Day

If you didn't see in the last chapter, I changed the ending. So, please go give that a read before you start this one. I tried something a little different this time. And i know it's a little late to maybe change the writing style a little bit, but I felt like a scene that happens gives some more insight instead of what we would see following Misty only. So please give me your feedback on that. As always, enjoy, babes.
——

Misty's shift on New Years was only a six hour shift. She took an Uber home, but pulled up to her apartment the same time as Cordelia had. They had planned their last few free hours before Mallory and Coco got back this morning over breakfast that they cooked together. Misty was going to shower while Cordelia made them a late lunch. They would eat, and eventually watch a movie.

While at work, Misty thought about the other things she wanted to do with Cordelia before the apartment had two more people inside of it again. But those plans were quickly forgotten when  Misty's head rested against Cordelia's shoulder. The older woman had her arms tightly wrapped around her blonde lover, and within minutes they were both asleep.

Neither of them were surprised. They had gotten home just a handful of hours before Misty had to get up for work. She woke up with a pounding headache, not able to remember just how many drinks she had the night before. But she was thankful for Cordelia letting her sleep, and waking her up thirty minutes before Mallory and Coco were scheduled to land.

She gave Cordelia a sleepy grin as she looked into brown hues. "Dee..."

"Yes, doll?" Cordelia asked as she looked down at her lover.

Misty leaned up to peck the other woman's lips. "I didn't mean to sleep all afternoon." She pouted.

"Oh, honey," Cordelia brought her hand up to Misty's cheek, caressing her freckled cheek. "You needed the sleep."

"I know, but—" Cordelia cut her off with a kiss.

"We have all the time in the world. You can come over to my place any time you want or need to get away for a day or week." She smiled down at the younger woman.

"Really?" Misty grinned shyly.

"Yes," Cordelia pecked her lips again. "I can get you a key so you don't have to worry about me being at work."

"Delia, I—are ya sure?" Misty bit her bottom lip as she sat up straight.

"Positive," the older woman moved the blanket to the back of the sofa. "I'll have it done by Monday."

Misty gave her that shy smile again. As she opened her mouth to say another thanks, her phone dinged. "That's Mal." She picked up her phone from the table and checked her messages. "Holy shit, they landed an hour ago." She got up from the couch fast. "Did ya hear my phone go off while I was asleep?"

Cordelia looked at her girlfriend's panicked eyes. "I'm sorry, baby. I slept too. I woke up just a few minutes ago because I set an alarm on my phone."

Misty shook her head. "It's okay," she ran down the hall to retrieve a better pair of clothes for the winter weather than the t-shirt and boy shorts she was currently in. "We just gotta get to the diner soon!"

Cordelia got up from the couch, walked down the hall, and leaned against the doorframe to Misty's room. "As soon as you're ready we can go, babydoll."

Misty threw on a pair of jeans, boots, and grabbed a jacket. She flung her bag over her shoulder and followed her girlfriend out to the car. She proceeded to give Cordelia directions for the diner which was just down the road from the apartment.

When the two women stepped inside, the host at the front of the diner flashed a smile as she grabbed two menus. "Just the two of you?"

"Actually four, the other two are on their way here." Misty explained. She smiled when she felt Cordelia's fingers lace with her own.