18: There's Glitter on The Floor After The Party

So, trying to work through writer's block, I decided to change how this chapter ended and go in the original direction I had planned months ago. I thought it was an interesting idea to bring Misty's sister in for some side plot, but it completely ruined the enjoyment I had writing this story. So, I've taken Faye out. I might bring her back in at a later time, but for now things are going to be different. I hope you enjoy the new version of this chapter. 

Still leaving the link to the playlist for this story, https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4jnkxfeMQi9F7F6TG2sPH8?si=EiQKnlXPQkesx4I-EDGglg

——

It was New Year's Eve, and Cordelia picked Misty's up at seven P.M.. Misty was dressed in a spaghetti strap, black dress, that was decorated with lace details. She had on an old leather jacket and matching boots. Her curls were half up, and her face was adorned with smokey makeup. She felt like she was incredibly underdressed when she saw Cordelia's outfit. She wanted to pull the older woman inside and have Cordelia fuck her right then and there, but she refrained. Cordelia was wearing a black corset that was tucked into a pair of leather pants. She had on a black coat, and stiletto heels. Her hair was straightened perfectly, and a perfect yet small amount of makeup.

"Ya look fuckin' gorgeous." Misty muttered as she got into the car.

"Thank you, baby. So do you. I really like that dress." Cordelia smiled at the curly-haired blonde as she turned the car on.

"I don't wanna ruin ya makeup, but can I have a kiss?" Misty asked as she leaned over the center console.

"I can always fix it," Cordelia said before capturing Misty's lips in a heated embrace. "You're stunning."

"Says ya," Misty grinned into their kiss. "I'm really nervous, I hope ya don't mind I'm gonna drink tonight, and I brought my pen." She said as she patted her clutch that laid in her lap.

Cordelia cupped Misty's cheek, gently caressing her cheek. It made the younger woman relax. "That's fine, honey. All I ask is that you pace yourself and have some water and food."

"I will, Mommy. Thank ya." Misty kissed her once more before she sat back in her seat, and buckled herself in. "I'm excited, though. Just nervous 'cause... well, does anyone know? About us, I mean?"

Cordelia's hand grabbed Misty's, squeezing it softly. "Take a deep breathe." She waited until Misty did to continue. "Queenie was the first one I talked to before I even took you home that one night."

"Really?" Misty found herself smiling like a fool. "What did ya tell her?"

"Something along the lines of 'I'm about to break so many of my rules for this girl...' I mean it when I say you're special, Misty. I talked to a few of my girls about it, too. I said don't do what I'm doing. They understood what I meant, but everyone has seemed okay with it so far." Cordelia chuckled. "Even Madison said she wasn't surprised... whatever she meant by that."

"Okay, good." Misty let our a breath.

"Don't share your weed with Madison. She'll think it's an invitation to give you coke..." Cordelia warned.

Blonde brows shot up. "Oh... okay, thank ya for tellin' me. Wait, why does she work there is she's got a coke problem?"

"I'm working on it with her. I have a no drugs rule, but I've known Madison since she was eighteen. She's a bitch, but I love her like a sister. I care about her and I feel like if she's working for me I can at least keep an eye on her... is that terrible?"

"Not at all," Misty spoke softly. "I get that. Mallory and I have our differences but I love her like my own blood. She's my best friend and she's been there for me though a lot of shit, and yeah she's got her flaws, but don't we all?"