24: Laughing With My Feet in Your Lap

It was Sunday evening when Cordelia came by to pick Misty up. Misty was already standing outside her apartment with a duffle bag in her hands when Cordelia's car pulled up. She practically ran to the car, not even giving her girlfriend the chance to get out before she got in. She threw her bag into the back, and clasped her hands around Cordelia's neck as she kissed her.

"Someone missed me," the older woman grinned. One of her hands came to cradle Misty's cheek as she kissed her softly.

"Mhm," Misty hummed. Finally, when she pulled away, a smile settled on her face. She sat back and buckled herself in.

"How high are you?" Cordelia raised a brow while putting the car into drive.

The younger woman burst into a fit of giggles. "Y-yes," she laughed.

Cordelia chuckled as she set a hand over Misty's thigh. "I'm glad to see you in a good mood."

Misty turned her head to look at her girlfriend as she drove. Her smile was back in full effect. "Cause I'm with ya now... how was your week?"

"Long and tiring. How was your week?"

"Borin', but I requested today and tomorrow off so I can spend it with ya."

Cordelia flashed a small smile. "You didn't have to do that, baby."

"But I've missed ya, mommy!" Misty pouted.

"I've missed you, too." Cordelia squeezed the younger woman's leg. "I want to let you know now, I have to go into the club for a few hours tomorrow, but I shouldn't be there all day."

"That's okay. I can cook while you're gone." Misty grabbed Cordelia's hand off her leg, lacing their fingers together. With her free hand, she traced the back of Cordelia's palm.

"As long as you don't mind. I can always pick something up."

"I wanna cook for ya. Lemme treat ya for a night?" Misty looked at her girlfriend with a pout.

Cordelia glanced over during a red light. "Okay," she said with a small smile.

When Cordelia left for work, Misty grabbed her overnight bag, and pulled out the lingerie and candles she had brought from the apartment. After getting dressed up, she set candles on the dresser, and then some in the bathroom. Once she was pleased, she made her way downstairs to start dinner. She had a few options to pick from, and decided on something light. While she cooked, she FaceTimed Mallory, setting her phone up by the oven.

"Oh, don't you look all pretty." Mallory smirked. "Got a hot date tonight?"

Misty couldn't help but laugh as she nodded. "Always when I'm here."

The friend raised a brow. "Planning on getting railed, huh?"

"Maybe..." Misty walked over to the fridge to grab the butter. "What're y'all doin' tonight?"

"Coco picked up dinner. She's on her way back right now. She's going to stay the night... how long are you planning on staying over there?"

"I'll be back tomorrow before work to get my uniform." Misty explained.

"Where is Cordelia, anyways?"

The older friend sighed softly. "At work... she had a delivery, so she had to go and sign for it. She said she'll be back..." Misty glanced at the time on the oven. "In thirty minutes."