27: Girl at Home

Tuesday at Cordelia's was easy. Misty got to the house just a few hours before Cordelia's got off. So, she had time to shower, make dinner, leave her girlfriend's plate in the microwave for her, and get into bed. She had only been asleep for an hour when Cordelia climbed into bed beside her. Half asleep, she scooted closer and wrapped her arms around the older woman. She pulled Cordelia close into her; the opposite of their usual position. However, Cordelia only moved closer before they both fell asleep.

Wednesday, Misty didn't see Cordelia until the late hours of the night. Her shift at work had been early, so she left before the other woman woke up. She didn't return until after Cordelia was already gone for her job. This time, there was food waiting for her. It put a smile on her face. After she ate, she went upstairs for a shower, dressed herself in one of Cordelia's sweatshirts, and ventured down the hallway to the older woman's office. She had been inside the room several times with Cordelia, but never on her own. Taking slow strides into the room, Misty flicked on the light and started to look at the books on the shelves that lined the walls. There was a whole shelf dedicated to bondage, everything from the various knots, to different books on positions, to the history behind it. Another two shelves were for kink-related topics, from various types of domination to certain kinks having their own books and teachings. There was a whole section for biographies and autobiographies from various dominatrixes and people from the kink industry. As Misty moved through the room, she found where the other books started. She found everything from classic literature to music theory books. In the corner of the office sat Cordelia's Yamaha keyboard with a protective cover over it. She left it alone for that night and moved to the large, oak wood desk. Atop the desk were a few stacks of papers, two books, and a computer. She pressed the spacebar, and the screen lit up, asking for a password. She got back up and made her way into the bedroom to lie down. She turned on the TV and found herself drifting off.

Thursday, was Cordelia's slow day, and Misty had an early shift. By the time she was back at the house, it was almost dinner time. When she walked into the house, she could smell something delicious down the hallway. She put her coat into the closet and set her bag down before she made her way into the kitchen. When she entered, a smile spread across her lips when she saw a handful of bags sitting on the counter from the Chinese restaurant. "Dee?" she called out when she hadn't seen her girlfriend anywhere.

"I'm upstairs! I'll be down in a minute, baby."

Misty decided to take the takeout boxes over to the table and grabbed two plates and silverware. As she grabbed a glass of water from the fridge, she heard footsteps behind her. Peering over her shoulder, Misty smiled at her lover. "Hey, thanks for gettin' dinner."

"You don't have to thank me, doll." Cordelia walked over to the taller blonde to kiss her softly. "How was your day?"

"Decent. How's yours been?" Misty set her drink on the counter before wrapping her arms around Cordelia's.

"It's been good. I got the girls from school and took them home. That's when I went to get dinner. I haven't really done much else." Cordelia kissed her lover once again before she pulled away to start a fresh pot of coffee.

"Oh okay," Misty said before walking over to the table. She sat down and started to make her plate. "How are they?"

"My sisters?"

"Mhm."

"They're okay... just busy with school. And they're annoyed with Fiona right now." Cordelia explained as she made her coffee. She walked over to the table and sat down across from the other woman.

"What happened?"

"She's booked another trip to Paris next month, and they don't want to be stuck at the house with our step-dad for two months. I don't blame them, I don't like him either." Cordelia explained as she started to make her plate.