A Second Attempt

The group watches as EMMA adds the pictures to the names.

"Almost there," EMMA says.

"Good, because I have to finish a few things at home," Ladybug says.

"You guys go home, I will stay and help Pegasus and EMMA finish," Bunnyx says.

"Thanks Bunnyx," Rena says as she and Carapace take a now distracted Ladybug out to the streets of Paris.

"Where should we take her?"

"I know just the place, stay with her and follow me," Rena start running.

Carapace follows Rena as he grabs Ladybug who is just standing clueless.

They land in an alley behind the old school.

"We can detransform here," Rena says.

She and Carapace detransform while Ladybug doesn't do anything.

"Ladybug, you gonna detransform?"

Ladybug is still distracted.

"Ladybug, I know that you have unlimited time to stay transformed but your kwami needs food," Trixx says.

"Oh no Tikki, spots off," Ladybug snaps out of her thoughts.

"Let's go to your room," Alya says giving Tikki a grape.

The three of them walk across the street to the bakery and up to her room.

"What's really going on?" Alya asks.

"How am I supposed to keep people safe if I can't even keep myself safe?" Marinette asks.

"You mean against Iris?" Tikki says.

"Dude, Adrien loves you and the magical charm always works, we saw that with Mr. Damocles," Nino says.

"It's not that kind of protection, I know that the magical charms can protect the citizens and the team will be there, but what if Iris finds some way to convince our friends that I'm not the kind person I am," Marinette says.

"Are you insane? There is no way they would do that," Trixx says.

"Trixx is right, true friends don't believe or spread rumors," Tikki says.

"True friends defend you against rumors, and defend you no matter what," Wayzz says.

"We all proved that at your birthday party, we risked getting turned to coal to defend you," Alya says.

"You're right, my friends know me, I shouldn't worry about what an enemy has to say, you guys go home, I need to make some magicaroons," Marinette says.

"Later Marinette," Nino says as he and Alya walk out of the bakery.

"Don't worry Marinette, everyone knows who you are," Tikki reassures her master.

"You're right Tikki, besides Adrien knows who I am and I know that he will find a way to convince everyone that Iris doesn't know who I am," Marinette agrees.

"Now let's get working on those magicaroons," Tikki says.

"Yeah, I've got to make a lot more now that everyone has a kwami," Marinette says as she starts going downstairs.

******

Marinette walks into school the next day where she heads straight for the locker room.

"What's in the bag Marinette?" Nino asks.

"Special macaroons my dad made as a thank you to the heroes of Paris," Marinette replies.

"Can I have one?"

"No," Marinette says.

"You do remember I'm a hero, I formed the resistance," Nino says.

"I mean not right now."

"You didn't blow up your bedroom this time?" Alya jokes as she joins them.

"Only once," Marinette says.

"Girl, you need to find a new place to make those snacks, or at least the potions," Alya says.

"Potions?" Nino asks.

"Whoever gets akumatized can change the environment if needed," Alya says.

"Right."

"The Order has a book that is passed down from one guardian to the next, it has potions that can transform a kwamis DNA and give us powers to adapt to our environment," Marinette says.

"So, what you're saying is that those snacks are for our little friends," Nino asks.

"That's right, I better go put them away though," Marinette says.

"Okay, you know what to do if you need us," Nino says.

"Thanks," Marinette says walking towards the locker room.

Iris walks towards Marinette and purposefully falls when they are next to each other.

"Marinette, why would you do that?" Iris asks loudly so everyone hears.

Everyone walks over to them, with most of them standing over by Iris.

"What happened?" Ivan asks.

"Marinette tripped me," Iris lies.

"I'm sure it was an accident," Alya walks up.

"Or she is lying, like last time she blamed someone," Nino says.

"Why would she lie?" Rose asks.

"Because she doesn't like that I am aspiring to be a fashion designer also, she sees me as competition."

"Is that true Marinette?" Mylene asks.

"It doesn't matter, if you want to believe what someone says over what you know then maybe you guys don't know me," Marinette says before leaving.

All of her friends who know the truth follow her.