A Fourth Attempt

Marinette walks into the school Monday morning.

"Hey Marinette," Adrien says as he and Felix get out of the limo.

"Hi," Marinette kisses him.

"How was your weekend?" Felix asks.

"Exhausting," Marinette sighs.

"What happened?" Kagami asks joining them.

"Ms. Chamack had a special assignment for the weekend and I had to watch Manon overnight," Marinette yawns, "Luckily this weekend was the finale of Live Your Childhood Dream and I was able to get some time to myself then."

"I need to meet Marc on the soccer field, see you guys later," Adrien says before kissing Marinette on the cheek and leaving.

"See you later," Marinette says.

"Okay, what's really going on?" Kagami says seeing through Marinette's fake smile.

"Nothing, I mean I did have to watch Manon this weekend but she didn't stay overnight."

"It's about what happened in the crypt, isn't it?" Felix asks.

Marinette nods.

"I could tell from the face you made at dinner the other day," Felix says before Marinette can ask how he figured it out.

"I just kept having a nightmare that Adrien found out what really happened and turned on Ladybug for lying to him," Marinette explains.

"Hey guys," Alya says as she and Nino join them.

"You okay Marinette?" Nino asks.

"I'm fine, just stressed," Marinette says as they walk into the school.

"The nightmare again?" Alya asks.

Marinette gives a nod.

They see a crowd of fellow students, they join the crowd who is standing around Iris, who is sitting on a bench with her leg in a cast.

"Marinette, how could you?" Rose asks her friend.

"How could I what?" Marinette asks.

"How could you run me over with your electric scooter this weekend?" Iris dramatically explains her lie.

"I didn't go anywhere this weekend, I was babysitting, I mean I did some deliveries but I didn't run anyone over," Marinette says.

"I can't believe you guys," Alix walks up.

"What?" Kim asks.

"You think that Marinette would do anything so vicious? If anything she would push herself harder," Alix says.

"Alix is right," Juleka says walking over to Marinette's side.

"Juleka, what are you doing?"

"Why would Marinette do such a thing?"

"But Iris says it happened," Mylene says.

"Come on Marinette, you don't need this," Juleka says.

Everyone else starts yelling at Marinette to the point where she just runs away.

"Marinette?" Adrien asks as his girlfriend runs away crying.

"Go find her, Adrien, Kagami, Nino, and I will take care of this," Felix tells Alya.

"Right, come on girls," Alya tells Sabrina and Alix.