A Loving Conversation

"I can't believe I was akumatized," Marinette says as they walk back into the school.

"It could have happened to anyone," Nino joins them.

"But it didn't, it happened to me, I am becoming weak," Marinette says.

"Why don't you guys go back to class, I need to talk to Marinette," Adrien says.

"Okay, see you later," Nino says as he and Alya leave.

Adrien takes Marinette over to a bench.

"I understand if you don't love me anymore, I'm not worthy of it anyway, at least from you," Marinette says.

The words pierce Adrien's heart but knows it is only said because of where they are socially.

"I was going to teach you this phrase at our next lesson but I think you need to learn it now," Adrien says.

"Okay?'

"Rúguǒ ài nǐ shì cuò de, wǒ bùxiǎng shì duì de," Adrien says in Mandarin.

"What does that mean?" Marinette asks.

"If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right," Adrien says.

"I want to be wrong too, but why?"

"You are the only girl who never saw me for the fame, you saw me as any other person. You see everyone that way, you see their passion, help with their dreams and ambitions, but most of all you listen to others and always find a solution," Adrien says.

"Aww," Marinette says going in for a kiss.

"I know it's been hard for you since nobody except me believed you about Lila until you were brilliant and made that plan with Sabrina," Adrien says.

"I'm sorry I got worried, jealous, and jumped to conclusions," Marinette says.

"I get it, but this necklace isn't just a gift or temporary reminder, it's a promise," Adrien says showing the necklace.

"A promise?"

"A promise to love you until we have to say goodbye," Adrien says putting it back on her.

"I love you," Marinette goes in for a kiss after he returns to standing in front of her.

Marinette's face goes from a smile to a frown.

"What's wrong?" Adrien asks.

"It's nothing, just a lot on my mind," Marinette says.

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

"I know it's just something I need to talk to the girls about, I will see you later, okay?" Marinette asks.

"Okay," Adrien fakes a smile.