First Class

"Hey Marinette, mind if I sit with you?" A voice comes from behind.

"Not at all Sabrina, I thought you'd be learning medical stuff, you know since you want to be a nurse," Marinette says as Sabrina sits down.

"Morning class, welcome to Fashion 101, I'm Ms. Duchamp, but you can call me Ms. D," the woman says.

Ms. Duchamp has everyone introduce themselves.

"Hi, I'm Marinette and I can't wait to get started," Marinette says.

"Wait, Marinette Dupain-Cheng? As in the student who created the bowler hat Adrien wore the day Style Queen attacked?" Ms. D asks looking at her.

"Yes."

"I was at that fashion show, I can't wait to see what you do."

"Thank you," Marinette says before sitting back down.

"Now, we will start by learning the history of fashion," Ms. D starts the class.

The whole class except Marinette groans.

"Now can anyone tell me where fashion began?" Ms. D asks.

The girl Adrien was talking to raises her hand.

"Yes Iris?"

"It started here in Paris with Charles Frederick Worth."

"That's right," Ms. D says.

"What's wrong Marinette?" Sabrina asks.

"Paris might be one of the fashion capitals of the world, but it isn't where fashion began," Marinette responds.

"Then correct her."

"I don't want to get an enemy on the first day of school, especially since we just got rid of Chloe and Lila," Marinette responds.

"My mom always says 'let your knowledge flow, even if the facts aren't believed'."

Marinette raises her hand.

"Yes Marinette?"

"Although my classmate is somewhat correct, fashion didn't start in Paris. It started in Ancient Egypt and Rome, at that time fashion was very different, fashion was a status symbol, upper class like royals would wear expensive colorful clothes and lower class would wear neutral colors that were cheap but durable." 

"Very good Marinette," Ms. D praises her answer.

After the explanation and praise, Iris gives an angry stare at Marinette and then raises her hand.

"Yes Iris?"

"I'm sorry Ms. D, I was going to expand on my answer but I have memory problems," Iris says.

"That's okay Iris, as long as the class learns something that's all that matters."

Going off Marinette's explanation Ms. D goes into the cosmetology of Ancient Egypt.

The bell rings and Marinette picks up her bag before darting out of the classroom.