A Friend with A Plan

Everything goes well the rest of the day.

"You okay?" Alya asks.

"Marinette, I need to talk to you and Alya," Sabrina interrupts.

"Let's go to my place," Marinette says as they leave school.

They walk to the bakery.

"Hi girls, how was school?" Marinette's mom asks.

"Good, we have a group project so we will be upstairs," Marinette says.

"Okay."

The girls walk upstairs.

"What's up?" Marinette asks after closing the door.

"I befriended Iris," Sabrina says.

"What?"

"Relax Marinette, Alix says you can trust her," Alya reminds her friend.

Marinette takes a breath and Sabrina starts explaining.

"I have a plan, after you left Iris asked me to show her around, I told her that you have been lying to me and I want to stop being friends with you," Sabrina says.

"What? You know why I have to lie," Marinette says.

"I know, I'm doing this to protect you," Sabrina says.

"But what if she asks you for things she can use against me?" Marinette asks.

"Lila isn't the only one who can lie," Sabrina says.

"We should trust her, not only because Alix says we can but because Sabrina has connections," Alya says.

"It's not right to use Sabrina's dad just to protect me from a vindictive girl who we all know won't win in the end," Marinette says.

"I won't be using anything that belongs to the city, my dad bought me a small recorder that is in my fannypack in case someone says something incriminating, like how Lila said she could convince my dad to put me in jail," Sabrina takes the recorder out of her fannypack.

"And since kwamis can't be detected by technology, Barkk's voice won't be captured, Sabrina you're a genius," Marinette says.

"Well it wasn't my idea, I recorded the audio from the bathroom and played it for him," Sabrina says giving the correct credit.

"Either way it's brilliant," Alya says.

"Let's just make sure only the council and Adrien know about it, if my friends are true they will either get my side of the story or believe my actions instead of words," Marinette says.

"Are you sure?" Alya asks.

"Yes, I know that they know my personality but as you know Iris is really good at lying, if Felix didn't barge in we probably would have gotten suspended or expelled," Marinette says.

"She has a point," Trixx says.

"I should get going," Sabrina says.

"Me too, why don't you go over to the Agreste mansion," Alya suggests.

"I don't know," Marinette says.

"What's wrong Marinette?" Barkk asks.

"What if Adrien only said what he did just to get me de-akumatized?"

"There is no way that he would say those things and not mean them, I could see it in his eyes," Sabrina says.

"After the temple was lost and we got scared Master Fu said 'There is no illusion greater than fear'," Trixx says.

Everyone except Sabrina laughs.

"What's so funny?" Sabrina asks.

"Trixx is the kwami of illusion," Barkk says.

"But Trixx is right Marinette, the fear is only in your mind," Alya says.

"Okay, you guys go home, I will head to the mansion," Marinette says after a breath and the kwamis return to their hiding places.

They walk out of Marinette's room and to the door.

"See you later Marinette," Alya says as she and Sabrina leave.

"Bye," Marinette says before closing the door.

"Marinette, you should text Adrien and see if you can come over," Tikki says when they are back in Marinette's room.

"Good idea Tikki," Marinette says taking her phone out and texting her boyfriend.

There is a ding before she can even start typing.

"Oh, Adrien texted and asked if I wanted to join his family and Kagami for dinner at his house," Marinette says.

"You are very lucky," Tikki says as Marinette replies to the text.

"Not sure if it's a good thing that he is coming in the limo though," Marinette says putting her phone away.

"I know you're worried but Adrien has his bodyguard and we know he is in good hands," Tikki reassures her master.