A Dinner Together

Marinette goes up to the roof for a better look across Paris.

"Adrien invited me to the mansion for dinner, he is coming to pick me up," Marinette says rushing down the stairs after she spots Adrien's limo five blocks away.

"Okay Sweetie," Marinette's dad says.

Marinette runs out of the bakery as the limo pulls up and the bodyguard comes to open the door.

Marinette slides in and sits by Adrien.

"Marinette, are you okay?" Kagami asks.

"Sabrina has this idea but I'm afraid it will backfire and Lila will go after me," Marinette doesn't lie.

"Marinette, Lila got expelled and went back to Italy," Adrien says.

"Iris is Lila, she is doing the same thing Fei did," Marinette says.

"What do you mean Fei did?"

"When I met Fei she had many costumes, she said she was going to a costume party, but it was actually so she could steal," Marinette says.

"But Iris hasn't stolen anything," Adrien says.

"But she has changed her appearance," Marinette says.

"So what is Sabrina going to do?" Kagami asks.

"Officer Roger gave Sabrina a tape recorder to keep her safe, she said she is going to act like I messed up and befriend Iris," Marinette says.

"How is a tape recorder going to help?"

"She is going to record when she and Iris are alone, there is no way that Iris would say anything bad about me in front of people."

"Should we have a back up plan?" Adrien asks.

"No, I don't want you to have your reputation ruined because of me," Marinette says as they arrive at the mansion.

"So Marinette, Adrien tells me that you want to be a fashion designer," Felix's mom says.

"Yes Ms. Graham de Vanily, I even designed a hat that Adrien wore for one of his fashion shows," Marinette says.

"Please, call me Amelie," Felix's mom replies.

"Okay Amelie," Marinette says.

"It was so nice of you to move to Paris and help Natalie raise Adrien," Kagami says.

"I always had a place in my heart for Adrien especially after losing my sister and with what Gabriel did I couldn't let Natalie raise him alone," Amelie says.

Hearing Monarch's real name makes Marinette uncomfortable with her being the only one who knows the whole story and keeping a lie from the boy she loves.

"You okay Marinette?" Natalie's voice brings her back to reality.

"Yes, just thinking about Mr. Agreste and how brave he was against Monarch," Marinette partially lies.

"We all miss him, but the best thing we can do is keep his memory alive and from what Natalie has told me you are doing that through your fashion," Amelie says.

"We have a huge order that needs to be ready by Sunday, I offered to help so they don't get overwhelmed," Marinette says after they are all done eating.

"Okay, I'll take you home," Adrien says as he pulls Marinette's chair out so she can stand up.

"Thanks," Marinette says as she gets up.

The ride back to the bakery is quiet.

"Marinette, are you sure you're okay?" Adrien finally asks.

"It's something that I need to talk to the girls about first, but don't worry about me," Marinette kisses Adrien on the cheek before leaving the limo.