CHAPTER 29 - Soulmates

"Argh I don't really have any work today " Hueningkai stretched his arms as he sat up on the bed . He checked the time and it was 1 in the afternoon .  " I'll just walk around the house until lunch so I can sleep later " Kai thought as he adjusted his sweatshirt and walked outside his room . 

He peeked into Soobin's room and saw Beomgyu singing while Soobin was listening to him . This is a regular sight , it's always Soobin who puts up with Beomgyu's playfulness . 

" Dasi Run Run Run nan meomchul suga eopseo Tto Run Run Run nan eojjeol suga eopseo Eochapi igeosbakke nan moshae Neoreul saranghaneun geot bakken moshae "  Beomgyu was jumping and singing while Soobin was laughing at him . 

Kai smiled at the sight and left the two alone . He saw Haneul's door open wide and knocked on it .  " Seems like she's not in here " Kai muttered and went down to the living room.  " Sir are you searching for Attorney Choi ? " The maid asked and Kai nodded .  " She's in the patio " The maid informed and Kai thanked her before going outside.

There he saw Haneul reading a book and approached her silently

There he saw Haneul reading a book and approached her silently . He leaned on one of the pillars in front of her and looked at her with a fond smile .  Haneul removed her glasses and looked at the front to see Kai there . 

 " How long have you been standing there Hyuka ? " Haneul asked and Kai sat next to her as she patted the sofa signalling him to sit.   " Just for the past 2 mins , I've never seen you wearing specs before so I kinda had identity crisis " Kai said and Haneul laughed . 

" I wear them only while reading Hyuka , does it look nice on me ? " Haneul asked wearing the glasses again .  " After Soobin hyung , you look the best in specs , I really can't take my eyes off you wahhh " Kai said gasping dramatically .

 " I can't really say if that's a compliment or you are messing with me Kai shi . But I still admit Soobin looks the best in specs , he also wears them only while reading tho " Haneul said with a pout and Kai laughed .  

" You really look good Haneul noona . Won't you believe your youngest brother ? " Kai asked showing his puppy eyes and Haneul snickered . " Sure sure , I believe you . So why is the maknae here ? " Haneul questioned.

 " I'm bored " Kai said simply .  " Go and play with Soobin and Beomgyu , they are home today right ?  I feel like a mom saying this " Haneul said and Kai giggled .  " They are in their own world , I ain't disturbing them " Kai said and Haneul nodded.

" Haneul shi don't you get bored reading these law books ? I can't understand how you remember all those sections and stuff " Kai wondered .  " My profession requires me to study and be updated everyday , so it really isn't a burden for me " Haneul answered.