Another Nightmare

Blood... There was a lot of it inside the warehouse. A petite young girl lied in the middle of the hard concrete floor. Her eyes wide open casted to the distance, lifeless. The crimson liquid pooled around her body like a river. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. A loud scream echoed..."No.........."

"Beep...beep....beep" The alarm blasted loudly on the bedside table. Jeongyeon woke up startled and sweaty, her breathing heavy.

"This is the fourth time this week Jeongie." Jihyo stood at the door observing her best friend, arms crossed.

"Am alright." Jeongyeon did not make eye contact with her best friend, knowing too well that she could read her like a book.

"So I have heard" Jihyo sighed and shook her head like it was a routine for the duo.

Jeongyeon didn't say anything. She simply walked to the bathroom.

The mirror reflected her cold face, probably wondering when was the last time she smiled. Jeongyeon doesn't have time to smile, she is a wolf. The one that attacks at night. A beast who can kill and torture people for money. There is no place for emotions in her job. She does what Jihyo tells her to do and she is very good at it. It was her way of forgetting the past, well sort of, if the nightmare she had a few minutes ago was any indication.

Jeongyeon's phone rang alerting her. Wiping her face on the towel she picked it up. Instantly a sad smile appeared on her face.

"Sana..." Jeongyeon spoke with a familiar ease.

A chuckle can be heard from the other end.

"I knew you would be up." Person on the other end responded. Her voice is soft and soothing.

Jeongyeon just breathed out.

"Couldn't sleep?" The person on the other line clearly knew, maybe she felt the same.

"You know." Jeongyeon replied briefly.

"Yes. I do. That's why I called. Jeongie it's been 10 years. You should let it go." Her voice was concerned.

"I can't. If you know me you will also know that I never forget things." Jeongyeon chuckled a bit.

"Fine. You are hard headed as always. But I love you still and Somi loves you too. Just remember this." The female voice on the other end was serious.

"I know." Jeongyeon smiled a little. But there is still sadness in her eyes.

"Visit me. I mean it Jeongie. It's been two years."

"I will. How's Momo?"

"She is good. A bit grumpy since she left special forces. Sometimes I forget I married a secret agent." She chuckled again

"Yeah. We are all hard heads according to you. " Jeongyeon simply stated.

" No shit." Another chuckle. " Alright. Let me know when your flight is. I will pick you up."

"Don't worry. Jihyo and I have it figured out."

"Okay then. See ya."

The call ended with a beep and Jeongyeon sighed again.

It's been 10 years since Somi died. But it still feels fresh in her heart. Everyday she is reminded of the same. Maybe this year it could be different. She could finally let go of the past and try to live a new life with her loved ones.