Chapter 34

People walked by, whispering to eachother as they looked at the Dodge parked  downtown. Was there a car show later? You could never go wrong with matt black on a sports car. The windows were blacked out and the lights were almost a purple hue. Looks like whoever owned it took pride in their car. Must be paid off.

A brunette walked up to the car, his bag full of waters and energy drinks. He wore his team jersey and was speedwalking to his car. Getting in and tossing the bags in the seat behind him, he quicky started the car and drove off to see his teammates. He felt excited. It's been a while since he saw them after everything. 

He smiled to himself when he spotted them at the park and honked. His team all waved at him and checked out his car, following him over to a parking spot. They barely gave him enough space to get out of the car. His old teammates all nudged him and talked about his entrance. Laughing it off he began to talk about how different they all looked. Most of them agreed while others had a hard time seeing the differences the others pointed out to them.

The guys walked about as they switched from topic to topic throughout the morning. It's a good thing they all share the same cringy sense of humor as he did or else his jokes would've landed quite dry by now. People looked over as they walked past laughing their heads off like pre-schoolers. Needless to say they did not appreciate it much at all. A few of the guys proposed going to get a drink and a bite to eat but most of them it was way too early to be out getting a drink like it was evening already.

By the time 11 rolled around the group of loud men found their way back to the park. They all started to wave as they walked off to their cars to leave. Sure, it was the weekend but they all had lives to get to after all. Adulting is way harder than they made it seem. Dispite that they all seemed to be doing well.

He walked back to his car and called his dad once he strapped himself in.

"Did you hangout with your old team today?"

"Yeah. Sometimes I wonder where I could've been if I kept playing"

"Honestly, me too. But hey, youre doing well enough as is. Probably better than they are anyway."

"True. Bummer you didn't want to come here with me. This town's got more to do than back home where you are! It's not even that far from you."

"I just didn't feel like going anywhere today. Maybe next time. Are you still getting a hotel there or would you rather come stay the night here with your old fart of a dad?"

"You're not even that old. I already got a room so might as well, right? I got to go now, I want to get there before Danny or Karter shows. Love you dad."

"Okay, kid. Stay safe for me. Hurry up then. Love ya."

Putting the car on reverse, he backed out of the handicapped spot and drove to his hotel. He drove a bit under the limit and looked aroud as he looked for the hotel. It was small but nearly as small as his home town. He was just here to tend to a few meetings to help his buisness out as well as the strays in need of a better situation. His main objective was to promote his center and get more buissness.

He got out of his car and was walking to the entrance when he was stopped by a rather angry woman. She was claiming that he didn't need the handicapped spot and should therefore move his car. He tried to explain that he was rather unwell but she wouldn't believe him one bit. Slowly, he began to feel himself fade. As if he was watching himself get yelled at in the third person for what seemed to feel like hours.

Promptly he snapped out of it and cursed the lady out. She was rather shocked at the 180 he had done. He was nothing like before. Ignoring her, he walked in cursing under his breath. He smiled at the gentleman at the front desk and checked in. Soon, a very pissed woman walked in and began to cause a scene. He scoffed and walked off to find his room.

Going up to the third floor he thought if he had time to do other things that day. He argued that it was getting late but then argued again that he wanted to take a look around the town. He wrote down a schedule for himself to see what he had time to do while he was here. He seemed to be very pleased when everything he wanted to do fit into his schedule. He sent a text of his schedule to a group chat and then began to text his other friends. Some he hadn't seen since his early years of high-school.

This is gonna be fun.

He hung up his clothes in the small closet in order of which to wear throughout his stay. Once he had prepped everything for his stay in town he took a look at the time. He asked his old friend if he was busy and surprisingly he said he was. Sighing, he laid on the bed and turned on the TV. Guess he had nothing else to do besides wait for tomorrow to roll around.

"Fuck this is boring..." He got up and decided on driving around to see if any place caught his eye.

After a few minutes of wasting gas he grinned to himself after spotting a rather large strip  club to his left. He got in the turn lane and u-turn to get on track. Pulling into the parking lot he was already getting excited. It's been a while since he had girls flirt with him. He was sure looking forward to it.

"Hi there. Haven't seen you before."