Chapter 2

Beep Beep Beep

The curly haired girl groaned and stretched out waking up from her slumber. Looking at the time she of course was annoyed she didn't turn it off for the weekend. Now she was up at 5am for no reason. She tried going back to sleep but she just couldn't doze off. Getting up she snuck through the house being as quiet as she could doing all of her chores early with extra care and patience. After a few hours the house was completely clean.

She walked back to her bedroom and sat on her bed. She looked at the picture of her parents on her dresser. She missed them. She thought for a while and then laid back down on her bed. She tried to go back to sleep again to then be interrupted by a notification.

Ivy
Am I the only one up this early?

Gina smirked at this and replied to her. Soon the girls were texting in the group chat for about an hour and Gina texted that she had to go.

'10:30am... shit.' Gina thought getting up again. She thought some more while she got dressed and washed in the bathroom. Sneaking back to her room she felt a strong impact on the side of her head, knocking her to the floor. Looking up she saw her father standing there with a look of anger she has already gotten used to.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"..."

"Get the fuck out of here you piece of shit. If I see you around here one more time I'm going to kill you..." her father threatened.

Gina sighed and simply got up and walked out of the house. She headed over to her tree house to rest there and check her head. She was sure it was bleeding but she didnt want to touch the blood.

Gina
I've got a bit of time before work. Ya'll wanna go get some food with me?? It's on me
Your baby misses her beauties

Terra
Oooooooo if you're offering then yesss babe

Ivy
Buffet time?!

Hannah
Awwwe
Been missing you too Sweetie! ♡

Jessica
I'm sooooo in

Scat
Can't make it but can yall get me something and drop it off at my place pleaseee???

Gina
Sure! Whatcha want bb? Sushi?

Scat
You're literally the BEST!
California rolls pleaseee

Gina
Ofc babyyy
Already here lol I'll get us a tableeee
Don't leave me here looking weird sitting by myselffff

Terra
EUSJSNIDJDJSN LMAOOO
Ok ok I'm otw rn

Hannah
I'll pick the other girls up we'll be there in 10

Ivy
Don't miss us too much babe!

Jessica
Lmaooooo was just abt to ask for a ride too. Gonna get ready byee

Gina
See ya!!

Sitting at a table she simply scrolled on her phone looking at outfits she could get for her job. She wanted to stand out of course. It's hard to when all the other girls there are already trying to do the same. She kept scrolling until she felt frustrated that she couldn't find and outfit to her liking. Stuffing her phone into her pocket, she noticed her friends walk in and waved them over to the table. They all walked over and set their stuff down greeting Gina. Gina smiled as she noticed the hat was doing a good job at covering her matter hair at the back.

The girls then got back up on the hunt to get their food from the buffet. They weren't shy and treated themselves to all the food they wanted. Once they all gathered back at their table they talked about many things as they ate. Getting up to ask for their drinks to be refilled occasionally throughout the meal.

"So....." Terra said slowly but loudly as she looked at Gina.

"So..?"

"Are you gonna tell us about your new job or what?"

"Oh! Umm yeah!"

"You work in customer service, right? I bet that sucks..." Ivy said as she sighed and cringed to herself thinking about Gina's job.

"Yeah... it does. But sometimes it's fun. I get to meet and talk to all kinds of people!"

"Ooooo meet anyone worth mentioning?" Terra said and she giggled and took a sip of her drink.

"No no, no one really. Just the loud people. Creepy guys. You know, the usual?"

"Was that a question?" Jessica asked.

Gina simply shrugged and ate her food. She had no idea that the girls would be so interested in her job. It was unexpected. The girls picked up on this and let her be. They all talked about their plans later and then thanked Gina for the invite. Gina remembered Scat and rushed to get her food too. She handed it off to Ivy and said "Thank you for holding it for me" in the best russian accent she could do. Ivy laughed at her silliness and dramatically bowed her head holding the to-go box up like an ancient artifact.

Together, they all walked out of the buffet and headed on their way. Gina giggled at her friends as they all went out of their ways to try to thank her. She liked treating those she cared about. It was her love language in a way. She can't stand not giving her favorite people something to smile over. Hannah noticed her face of pure satisfaction and reached to hold their hand as they walked over to her car.

"Thanks Gina. I hope you have a good one at work. Let us know if someone tips you or something. Not sure how your job works ha ha."

"Of course I will! Thanks, sweetie. You gals have a good day for me! Bye!" Walking off she waved and smiled as the car drove past.