Chapter 22

⚠  WARNING ⚠
THIS CHAPTER IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC SO FEEL FREE TO COMPLETELY SKIP THIS. NONE OF IT CONTRIBUTES TO THE OVER-ALL PLOT BUT MORE TO THE ATMOSPHERE OF THE ATTACKS.
READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

How did I get here..? What have I done to deserve this? I know what I did was bad but I didn't know I'd have consequences like these. If I knew this would happen I would've never started making that stuff... I got careless too. Felt relaxed with all the money I was making my safety went out the window. How did I get here again?
I was at home changing out of my work clothes in my closet to go to bed. The light went out... I was knocked out. Now I'm here... where even am I? Am I still home? Have I been taken somewhere? Fuck, where the hell am I?!

Footsteps echoed throughout. Whoever it was just kept walking in circles around him, slowly making their way closer to him. Soon, they stopped. Not close. What were they doing? The noise of metal being sorted through got his attention. It sounded like he was looking through a pile of silverware. More so a pile of tools.

He assumed that they found what they were looking for when the noise stopped. Nothing happened. No noise. Minutes went by without anything happening and it was driving him insane. What were they up to? Suddenly the sound of what seemed to be cloth sheets of some kind dropping came from his left. When did they get over there? He didn't hear his footsteps. Were they just messing with him?

Finally, steps were heard again. Not from his left. From behind him where he had last heard them. Making their way directly to him this time. He held his breath when he could practically feel their presence just behind him. They circled around him and stood there. Just stood there giving him time for his mind to think about the horrible things he was about to go through.

"Just get it over with dammit! Quit stalling!" Nothing.

He heard the ruffling of clothing infront of him and what he assumed to be a jacket hit the floor to his right. He heard an unsatisfied sigh and a chair skoot in front of him. Did they just sit down? While he was tied and panicking this maniac sat down? Whoever it was wanted to take their time.

He could feel the sweat run off his hands onto the... plastic? Was their plastic under him? Oh... to make clean up faster he thought. His breath slowed as he began to think of how he deserved this. How many lived he must've ruined. How many people probably died. How his business doing well simply ment more people ruining themselves.

After what felt like a half hour he felt something cold on his hairline. A sharp pain stabbed at him as he realized his situation. He was being degloved... the pain traced the perimeter of his scapl and face. He began to whimper at the pain. It was bad but bearable so far. He knew it would be worse soon.

As his carved skin burned and bled he heard a few steps and then the sound of a phone beginning to record. His vision was restored to reveal a mirror right infront of him. He could see it. His face. This was the last look at it he'd have before it being peeled off. He saw a desk with a bucket and a desk with tools behind him.

He took a deep breath and looked at his capture to see a tall masked figure. Everything he wore was black. Wearing extremely baggy clothes and a turtleneck under layers of clothing and a beanie along with black paint covering their exposed skin. Their mask mocked him, smiling widely as if they enjoyed seeing his panicked look of utter despair. They walked to the desk of tools and picked up two rusted pliers...

Fuck! Those are for me?! No! No! Don't think. Don't think. Don't think. Don't think... dammit the sick fucker is recording all this... is this how I go? Get my skin peeled off? Do I scream? Should I? Or would it make things worse..?

Without warning the pliers dug into his head, gripping his skin. Blood streamed down his face as he began to scream and cry at the same time. Looking at the scene in the mirror he quickly shut his eyes tightly as he continued to cry loudly feeling now his skin being ripped off his head. The sound made him want to throw up. And so he did.

Without moving he opened his mouth, letting stomach acid and some leftovers from earlier leave, escaping out onto himself and the plastic under him. He cried and gaged trying not to move. He didn't want to worsen the pain. Burning, ripping, throbbing pain was all he felt as his scalp was peeled back like a mango. No doubt the blood was spraying. The pulling stopped for a brief moment to adjust the pliers on his now loose skin and when the pulling started again it felt worse than last time. His entire body felt as if it were on fire.

Cries escaped his lips as the last bit was ripped off all at once pulling his head back in the process. He screamed curses and cried as he gripped the arms of the chair he was tied to. They stopped for a while. Letting his head throb and pulse in pain. He opened his eyes to see his scalp now missing. Blood covering his face and now getting in his eyes. His mutilator noticed this and grabbed a wet rag and wiped his face. The movement made him cry out and yell curses at them. They simply chuckled.

Grabbing the pliers again, they gripped on the cliff of skin where his forehead began and roughly pulled outward and down. This was worse than before. Blood covered everything within reach and the sound only seemed to get louder. His eyebrows were getting ripped off and he felt as his eyelids lifted forward so hard they began to burn and rip off his skull. His eyes burned and his vision began to blur. His consciousness fading. He felt himself being mutilated but he couldn't seem to scream anymore.

His nose was torn off along with his top lip with one strong pull downwards. And with the other one his bottom lip peeled back wards from his teeth leaving nothing but a red mess. The last of his skin was peeled off from right to left with their gloved hand. After the last of skin left his "face" he felt the burning worsen and a cold gloved hand lift his face to the mobile device recording him. They turned his face right to left then let go letting his head drop.

I can't see? Please... just kill me... this burns. What are you putting on me? It's eating me... acid? Why... do I feel... warm?