Chapter 33

Cold. It's so cold. May? Where's May? Wh-?!

"Hey! Hello! Is anyone here!? I'm tied!"

What the fuck? Someone just scoffed at me? Fuck, I can't see a thing in this room!

"May?"

"Not here."

The hell?

"Where's May?! Where am I?!"

Not a sound was heard for hours after that. The room seem to only get colder as he sat there in the dark waiting for something to happen.

"Joseph Smith, you have been chosen to be part of my two week program to help you become a better person. You have committed many crimes against others that have done nothing wrong towards you. Your crimes include : battery, child abuse, domestic abuse, theft, drug abuse and drugging family as a way to control them. Are there any more victims and/ or crimes I should be aware of before we begin treatment?"

What the fuck! How does he know!? Did May tell him? Did Gina? Who? How? When? I don't deserve to be here! It was them!

"I don't deserve shit! If my wife and daughter had just been good from the start then none of this would've happened!"

Typing was heard in the room after his response. It was a lot of typing.

"Denile is perfectly normal. Not a single person on this earth is perfect. Just as you have sinned, so had your wife. You two are a perfect match. You cannot hide from yourself here. We will be starting your first session shortly.

"I didn't do shit to deserve to be here!"

He kept yelling and yelling but there was no response anymore. Once his fate had sunk in he began to hyperventilate. Suddenly, the lights flashed on and in front of him was a screen. Videos and images of his crimes played with the occasional "Are you sure you are not at fault? " played. Every so often the volume would be turned up. On the fith time he was drenched in ice cold water and the ac was  turned on. The room grew colder and colder as the screen kept getting louder and louder.

Once the cold was making him burn the screen flicked off. Darkness. Again, darkness shrouded. He was left to reflect for hours before scared with the screen playing again. Slowly he began to starve and shivver. His teeth crashed together as he tried to keep moving to prevent his body from freezing onto the seat and floor. That damned screen was driving him crazy. It was so loud he couldn't hear his own thoughts clearly.

The longer he sat in the room the more numb he felt his body become until he could barely feel at all. After he was sure that several hours had gone by he felt an intense stinging feeling from both his wrists. He hissed and huffed in pain at the sensation he was sure would've felt like hell if he wasn't so damn cold. Then he saw why it was stinging... thrown in front of him were his frostbit hands in all their bloody horror. He was completely imobalized at this point. His brain coudn't proccess what had happened and when he was about to freak out the screen became louder.

Black, everything went black. He was sure he was hit with something before the darkness overcame him. Now he sat in a room with a very small, uncomfortable mattress on the middle of the concrete floor. Well, there was also a bible but that didn't count in the slightest to him. He was untied and was now able to see his red, wrapped up wrists. He needed to get out of there, but how? It looked like a prison in there.

He felt desperation take over. Drugs. He needed them now. His body craved to be relieved from this horrible reality he was trapped in. He begged and yelled, banging on the walls, but there was no response. Soon he began to deal out empty threats and inult the captor he wasn't sure even was there to begin with. His eyes threatened to cry as he began to shake as he yelled to his captor to show themself but no one ever came. He shook there by himself, desperate and alone in a shitty small room until he passed out from exhaustion.

"Good morning Mr.Smith. Would you like breakfast now?" the sound of a Siri voice spoke, waking him up startled.

As soon as he moved he felt the pain the cold had covered before. It was unreal. He cried in pain as he held his wrists to his chest, hunched over on the mattress.

"It will take about 10 minutes for the dose to numb the pain. I will come back when your pain had subsided."

Now that he was waiting for the dose to kick in, time seemed to tick by so much slower than before. Each second felt like another ten minutes as he sat there emersed in pain. Hugging himself, he tried to take his mind elsewhere to try to cope. Needless to say that it didn't work.

It's alright... it'll be over soon. Be home with May and never think of this again. I'll be watching TV with her and order pizza. Gina would be old enough to leave my fucking house soon so there's no reason to worry there. I'm sure she'll just move in with a friend if she hasn't already.

Everything is gonna workout just fine. This will be a walk in the park. No drugs for two weeks? Easy... I'll be fine. No other choice but to be. This freak said two weeks and he better not change his mind. I'll fucking kill them if they try to keep me longer.

Is this where those kids went missing? Probably. They're just kids. Why did they end up here? Ugh I need to think of something else... wonder how May is... she better not use up my fucking drugs... I'm definitely gonna need them after this. Is she here too? Is she sad I'm gone? Does she care..?