Chapter 28

"She's missing? Since when?"

"Jessica's been gone for about four days now... I thought you knew." her older sister said as she lit up her blunt.

The girls stood around in shock. They simply thought she had hid herself from everyone to try to calm down and thus all came to cheer her up together. Even Gina had tagged along. Terra thought to herself ways to figure out who had taken her.

"I'm guessing the police already took a look at your guy's security footage?"

"Yeah... it doesn't help much. Alex came by to talk to her but she seemed to tell him to buz off and walked away. Alex then left. None of the other cameras picked anything else up besides that."

Scat looked down at her feet thinking.

"How do you know it was Alex?"

"It was his car on the cameras."

"I hate to break it to you but Alex doesn't have a car. What car is on the camera?" Dotty paused for a bit, shocked.

"A green Jeep."

"W-what? Are you sure?" Dotty nodded in response. The girls all looked at eachother worried. Did Jack go see her? Or did Alex borrow the car?

Gina quickly pulled out her phone and dialed his number. The phone rang and she stepped outside to talk to him.

"Aye."

"Jack? Hey did yo-"

"Sorry I missed your call but just leave a message and I'll get back to ya. Have a nice one."

Unfortunatley, he seemed to be busy. Most likely at work. She walked back inside to a weary group of girls.

"He pick up?"

"No. Let's call Alex."

"Bet." Terra then called him on speaker with the girls there. The phone rung for a while so Terra hung up and called again. She did this over and over until a rather annoyed Alex picked up.

"I'm at work dammit! What do you want?"

"Did you borrow Jack's car to see Jess some nights ago?"

"No. I didn't borrow it. I asked Jack to take me to her and he did. Why?"

"Why did you go see her?"

"Cause she broke up with me over text when I've been trying to reach out to her. I can send you a screen shot of the messages if you want. What's up? Is Jess okay?"

"...I'll be honest with you, we don't know. Turns out she's been missing for four days now. Me and the girls just found out."

"...I...I have to go."

The girls stood around for a few moments before excusing themselves. Giving Dotty a hug they wished her the best of luck before walking out. They all piled in Terra's borrowed car to be taken elsewhere. They waved at Dotty from the windows as she waved at them from the front door. She seemed broken.

Terra just dropped them off at each of their homes. One by one they each said bye as they got out of the car. Terra waited there to make sure they made it inside safely. Once dropping off the last girl she paid no mind to the concerning home next to her and just waited for Gina to go inside. She wasn't sure this was a good idea. But it was her idea.

Once she made it through her window and gave a thumbs up, Terra drove off. She had told Gina that she needs to learn to stand up for herself and protect herself against them so they'd leave her alone. Terra drove home and upon entering called for her mother to tell her what's happened. Her mother sat there with furrowed brows as her daughter explained how the whole day went. Terra got tired of talking and turned on the TV to her mother's favorite tattoo show on prime. They watched hoping that they'll feel better after a few episodes.

The two ended up spending the whole night watching the rest of the season and even fell asleep on the couch after arguing about how they were definitely awake enough to watch more. The daughter slept like a rock on the small couch, snoring lightly throughout the night. Her mother snored even louder but was actually a light sleeper. She woke up only to mumble curses and take Terra to her bed and then retreated to be in her comfortable bed. Ms.Lim hugged her oversized pillow for comfort and fell asleep once again.

Once mid-day came around, Ms.Lim was awaken by the sound of sizzling. Groaning, she got out of bed and slowly got some clothes and went to her bathroom to wash up in the sink. She took her time in the bathroom just to be interrupted by her daughter.

"Ma! Breakfast! It's going to get cold!"

"Oh quiet! Why are you yelling when I'm right on the other side of the door?"

"Ugh, it's going to get cold. Hurry up."

"Ok ok. Wait for me. Turn the TV on."

Terra sighed and left to turn on the show again  rolled it back to where she remembered leaving off. She then grabbed the plates and placed them on the coffee table and served drinks.

Mom#2
Hey. What happened? Jess isn't answering at all. It's been days

'Shit Hannah, you sure know when to text me.' Terra though as she rolled her eyes.

TerBear
She's missing. I bet that freak took her. Sorry you had to hear it from me.

She took a while to respond. Terra set her phone aside when her mother walked in the living room. She told her Hannah was asking what was going on.

"That poor girl. She's probably going to kick herself for not being able to do anything." Terra thought for awhile about her mother's words.

She didn't want her friend falling into a depression over something she had no control over. She wanted to help make her feel less worried. She felt she shouldn't have said anything to her about Jessica. Hannah qad the motherly type and did take extra care to make sure everyone was okay. Not that Jessica is gone... Terra's phone went off. Hannah finally replied.

Mom#2
Are you serious? How's her family?

TerBear
Things could be better. Don't worry. The police are looking at security footage and stuff. I'm sure they've already found leads. She's gonna be back in no time, H

Mom#2
I hope you're right... I'm gonna go

TerBear
Ok, take care. I'll keep you posted. Text me later. I wanna know if you're alright.

After waiting a few moments she figured she wasn't going to be texted back and tossed her phone to the side. Her mother patiently waited for her to be done so they could eat together and watch their show. Smiling, Terra hit the play button and began to eat.