Chapter 31

"So, Ivy. I'm afraid that we just can't work with you anymore. Looking into your background... you as a person are not what we want to put on the pages of our magazines."

"...I understand, thank you." She hung up and slumped down on her bed, turning over on her side.

Her mind went blank as she looked at nothingness. Her breathing slowed and eyes grew heavy, she was tired. Mentally tired. Too much was going on at once. Especially with Jessica being missing out of nowhere, it was scary. She really had no idea what she was supposed to pay attention to and focus on with so many important events blurring together. Doing nothing and relaxing seemed like a good idea for the time being to recharge, maybe she could try to deal with each thing one at a time?

Ivy thought a lot about this lunatic going around. They've been going g around kidnapping people for some time but lately it's felt more... organized. Sure, all the expected "bad" people have been taken to be later found and all but something was different. Before the victims would hate on their capture but now all the recent victims have been stubborn about giving anything away at all. Saying that they helped them become better. That they were now redeemed. Not only that but all of the recent victims have been taken for 2 weeks at least. And all horribly scared in some way or another.

Ivy was sure that the authorities were on top of it. She was just worrying over nothing, right? It's strange though... now the victims were also being arrested for their own crimes too. Since the perpetrator has been exposing them upon their kidnapping. Jessica's reasons were quite... something. Ivy knew the type of person she was but the hard evidence that was spread around and her confession sure made her feel uneasy to even believe they were friends.

Still, whoever is doing this is dangerous. It's obvious they're just trying to be some sort of judge. It was worrysome. What if she was targeted?  Why would she be? Why wouldn't she be? There's just no telling what kind of reasons she could be picked for. Icy wasn't exactly the religious type. Her sense of morality was rather basic and barely there to begin with. She didn't really care in general.

And that was exactly the problem. What if she's already fucked up without realizing it? The only way to know is if she's taken. Sitting and waiting really want her strong suit. But that's all she could do at this point.

After some hours went by she got in her bed and scrolled through her phone trying to distract herself before she lost her mind.

Zeek
Hey, beautiful.

Ivy
Hey, what do you want?

Zeek
Nothing, just bored here babysitting a man child

Ivy
How's he holding up?

Zeek
He's a fucking mess. Misses his piece of shit ex

Ivy paused for a while looking at his text. 'Piece of shit...' she thought.

"I guess... she is." She spoke to herself as she continued to think about it.

Ivy
Has he hurt himself?

Zeek
Yeah... we had to patch him up ourselves. Don't want to call anyone or they'll just take him away and make things worse for him, u know?

Ivy
Yeah... well keep me posted. I'm going to try to sleep.

Zeek
LMAO good fucking luck

Sighing, she turned over and laid there thoughtlessly staring at nothing in the dark. She felt nothing. Why should she care for a twisted girl like Jessica? She should be making sure Alex was okay instead. He deserved it way more than her. She remembered her conversation with the girls once news on why Jessica was taken first started to circulate. She kept replaying it in her mind.

...

"Hey, guys?" Gina started as she stared at her phone in shock.

"What? What's up, G?" Terra looked over Gina's shoulder to read off her screen. She then huffed and snatched it and began to read it out loud to the rest of the group.

"Jessica Scott's reasons for being chosen to participate in my program include: domestic abuse, trespassing, su substance abuse, assault, drugging and invasion of privacy. The following videos and pictures are proof of her actions. And the recording at the end is her confession..." Terra trailed off as she opened the images.

The other girls huddled around the phone to see the "evidence" which they immediately regretted. All of the videos and pictures were said to be sourced from her phone. Alex... holy shit. Hannah began to ask for the link over the phone so she could see for herself. She also regretted seeing such things. The room went quiet. Soon, Terra's mother walked in, curious of the silence to also look onto Gina's phone to witness the horrors that came from someone she had met and thought was a nice girl.

"... well, at leaste she's getting what she deserves..." Terra said

"Terra!"

"What!? Don't act like it's not true! Look at them! Look, she was even following your brother and Gina around like a creep. She was in your house, Scat!"

"I know that! It- it's just... a lot to take in, okay?"

"Yeah... please. Just stop. I just need to think." Gina said almost inaudibly. The rest of the girls agreed.

"I have to go..." Hannah spoke slowly before hanging up.

"Me too. I'll catch ya later... c'mon Gina. Let's go home." Scat said as she turned to walk out the house.

"Hey mom?"

"What is it?"

"Do you want to sit down? You've been standing the whole time..."

"No, I'm fine. What about your friend?"

Terra then realized Ivy was standing against the wall staring at the floor. She seemed to be deep in thought. Terra gently pulled her arm to get her attention. Ivy followed the pull down to the couch and sat for a while without saying anything. There was too much to think about but not enough words to talk about it. Eventually, Terra had to pull Ivy to her car and drive her home where she stayed for the rest of the day.