Chapter 25

He leaned on the wall as he watched his friend laying on his couch texting someone. He seemed mad. He crossed his arms as he continued to stare his friend down to make him uncomfortable. When that didn't work he just grew impatient and mumbled curses under his breath. He didn't mind his friend coming over but the least he could do is talk to him about anything rather than ignore him.

Annoyed, he cleared his throat rather loudly to get his friends attention. Minutes passed and there was no reaction. 'Unbelievable.' He thought to himself as his jaw hung in aw. He was going to give him hell over this later. It was too late for this and they both worked tomorrow. As a final attempt to get his attention he walked over and pushed the power button on Jack's phone. When the screen turned black he heard his friends groan. After a few moments he finally turned his head towards him acknowledging his existence.

"What?"

"So you came over to just lay on my couch? Go home dude."

"Can't. Scat basically told me to stay out until she was done doing whatever."

"Okay? What about your other friend? That one you been hanging out with every night?"

"Oh, she's with Scat."

"She?" Zeek looked at him for a bit as he sat up rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well yeah. I guess right now we're just friends. She wanted to take things slow since she never actually met me before until I talked to her at her job."

"Whatever, so like do you want to actually do something or are you going to just stay on the couch all fucking night?"

Jack got up and stretched his limbs for a bit before looking at the time on his phone. He took note that it was getting late. Walking to his friends gaming room he took a seat at one of the chairs and started up a new game. As soon as he looked over he saw his friend was already there in the seat waiting to be invited to the new world. He snickered as he sent the invite. Unfortunately for them their team would be filled with underaged kids with sour mouths trying to sound cool.

Cursing, yelling, and even laughing could be heard down the hall from the apartment. They teamed with others online and met other players they thought were good. Most weren't though.

They played for hours on end. Fighting enemies and doing mission after mission. It was about 2 in the morning when he finally got the notification that he could come home. Egar to be in his bed, he finished up one last mission with Zeek before taking his leave. All he wanted was to sleep. At this point there was no way he'll have a good day at work later.

Getting in the car, he yawned and rubbed his eyes trying to wake up a bit for the drive home. When it didnt work he just turned the volume up on his playlist to try to wake up. He knew it was dangerous driving while tired like this. Fortunately it worked. Not much but enough to make him feel more comfortable about driving. He tried his best to stay alert as he began to drive back home. Driving just under the speed limit to be a bit on the safer side.

Once the house was in view he sped up a bit. Driving impatiently and having to slam the breaks when he got too close to the house. At this point he didn't care if his dad saw. He just wanted to sleep. Groggy, he got out of the car and slowly walked up to the front doors nearly falling down the stairs on the porch as he did. Scat opened the door as soon as he reached it as if she'd been waiting for him. She seemed to be rather tired too.

"Hey! Damn... you look tired."

"I am. Now move. I'm going to bed." He grumbled as he made his way past her.

Scat simply got out of his way and watched as he struggled to make it to his room. Once he made it to his room he slammed the door shut and flopped onto his bed. It's been a while since he went to sleep at this time. Usually, he'd have plans to see Gina or have to pick her up from work about now but Scat took care of that. 'Guess she told her.' He thought as he faded into a deep slumber.

She chuckled at him. Still, she did feel bad for making him leave for so long. Hopefully he wasn't too mad at her. Scat simply walked in and covered her brother with a blanket and left quietly trying her best not to wake him up. She thought it was too cold to fall asleep without one. Once she made it out of his room she sat back down on the couch next to her friend.

"He's out?"

"Yeah. Let's keep studying for a bit more then we'll go to sleep." She said as she got comfortable and picked the laptop up refreshing the screen in hopes that it'd make the website actually load. Luckily it did.

"Okay!"

Little by little, sleepiness began to cloud their thoughts. Words on screens blured and noise sounded fuzzier. The girls began to nod as they tried to stay awake. Soon the girls were asleep on the couch together instead of covering traffic laws.