Chaper 13

"Ivy! Did you see it!?" Gina waved her arms showing the overdressed girl where to sit.

"No, what do I need to see?"

"Someone posted pictures about us at the party. Basically rating how well put together the new model and her friends look." Scat replied before Gina could.

"Is it good thing? Or are they saying we look like trash?"

"Good. They all love our looks of course." Terra said as she was texting her mother back since she also read the article posted to Facebook.

"Let me see. Hand your phone here."

Looking at the article it seemed pretty well written and the photos were all good. Ivy knew there were photographers there but didnt think they'd take photos of them at all. After all, there were so many models there to take pictures of at the party. Still, she was happy. Whoever wrote this took the time to pick up on even the smallest details that tied their looks together... even including Terra's and Hannah's tattoos. She had forgotten that Hannah matched colors with her flower tattoo on her arm.

They girls were all freaking out about the article and even more about how good they looked in the pictures. Soon though, the excitement was interrupted by Ivy's phone going off. Reaching into her back pocket she grabbed it and saw a text from her mentor.

"I hope you don't mind the pictures my photographer took. I thought you all needed some recognition. Especially you if you want to get started on your career as a model. Anyway, next Friday I have a shoot and would.love to bring you on set. This could be a great opportunity for you!" She read out loud.

"Holy shit, can we come?!"

"Lemme ask... Yeah! We can all go! She just said to not be loud and to stay behind the lights and those working."

"Hmm, okay. Better than nothing!"

Conversation kicked up again and they all walked about in the park by the pond as they came up with ideas of how to dress up to go to the shoot next Friday.

As they came across a picnic table they all smushed in to fit and rest their legs. They all we on their phones and went quiet.

Jessica scrolled through social media until she reached an update on the attacker. Seems like they're starting to call the attacker "nerve wreck" due to all the mangled parts of the victims were sensitive areas. She pondered about weather she should tell the others or not when Gina nuged her as if giving her a gentle 'no' in response. Jessica nodded. She didn't want to ruin the good mood with this stuff. Better left to talk about some other time.

Later, they got up and went over to Hannah's place until it was time to go home. The day was ending on a very good note. So good they all went to sleep on video call talking together

Beep... Beep...

A girl woke up in her bed to the sound of someone messaging her like it was urgent. She picked up her phone at looked at her notifications noting that her father was texting her. She read through the multiple messages he sent her.

Pa

Hey where's Jackson?
Did he tell you he was going out?
He's not home
It's 4 in the morning
Answer me
Scat I can see ur active

Scat

I fell asleep on the phone
No I don't know. Did you call him already

Pa

Yeah but he won't pick up

Scat

Huh, weird. Hold on let me call him

Scat dialed her brother's number and yup. No answer. She was getting worried. He always picked up.  And his volume was always up. She kept calling him. Soon her father started to text her asking if he picked up. Feeling as if her stomach was being pulled down she called. Over and over she called.

"Aye?"

"What the hell, Jack?! Where are you?!"

"On my way home. I was out with my friend and ran out of gas."

"Why didn't you pick up?"

"My phone is almost dead and I need my maps."

"Ugh. Send me your location I'll pick you up."

"Okay, thanks sis." She hung up and called her dad to let him know she needed to borrow the car.

He didn't sound too happy about not coming but he knew he'd just yell at Jackson as soon as he saw him. So he walked to Scat's room and tossed her his keys.

Pulling up at a closed Dollar store, she unlocked the doors so Jack could get in.

"Hey sis-"

"Shut it. Next time you plan on going out you let me know. Where's the car? I brought gas."

"By the theater."

"The abandoned one? The fuck were you doing there?"

"Hanging out..."

"You need new friends."

"...Definitely..."

Once they got home their father asked Scat to go to her room. Of course,  to talk to Jackson. There was no yelling though. They both talked about what happened from each of their point of views and then Jackson apologized for not letting him know that he was going out. After a firm handshake and hug, Jack said goodnight to his dad and quickly went to his sister's room.

"You awake?"

"Mhm."

"I need a huge favor. Can you put me in contact with someone?"

"Sure, who?"

"I think she's a friend of yours. Gina?" She sat up on her bed giving him a funny look.

"Why and how do you even know her?"

"Look, I just need to talk to her." She thought about it. He was acting weird and she really wanted to pry but ultimately decided against it.

She held her hand out asking for her brother's phone. Hesitantly, she added Gina to his contacts and handed the phone back to him. He mumbled a 'thank you' and awkwardly left the room. Scat looked at her door in bewilderment. Questions arose and her head roamed. Did Jackson like her?

Ring Ring Ring

"Yup?"

"Hey, do you know a boy named Jackson?"