Chapter 3

"Hey, what are you still doing here? Gina? Hey, wake up."

The short girl groaned and stretched as she sat up realizing she was still at work. Looking up she noticed her beloved work mom was looking at her with a concerned expression on her face. Getting up, Gina smiled at her "mom" explaining that she simply sat down on the side walk to rest after her shift and must-have dozed off then. Sighing, Isabelle told her to get in the car and took her to a restaurant to get her breakfast and then brought her home.

Once Gina walked up to her front door she turned around and waved to Isabelle as she drove way. Once her boss lady left she walked to her tree house. As soon as she got up she threw herself on the small inflatable mattress she had there and checked her phone. 12 messages. All from the girls.

Gina smiled and she read the texts and then replied.

Gina
I'm aliveeeeeee!!!

Scat
Holy shit where've you been bby?!?!?!?!

Gina
I fell asleeepppp at workkkkkkkkkkk. My manager woke me up and brought me home.

Scat
Oh fuck are you okay? That's dangerous!

Gina
Yeah, I'm fine. Just sleepy

Hannah
WTF GINA
I could've picked you up if you asked
Don't ever do that. If you're tired ask to go home and call me
Promise

Gina
Well hello to you too
Okay okay I will, promise

Scat
Damn H. I can feel your worried mom vibes lmaooo

Hannah
Better not break that promise
I bet lol

Scat
Frfr tho Gina you should sleep. U work today?

Gina
Yuppppp

Hannah
I'll give you a ride there text me when and I'll pick you up. No arguing

Gina
UGH
Okay MOM
Night babies

Scat
That's good afternoon to you lmaoooo

'Shit' Gina thought as she looked at the time and saw it was 1:50 already. She set an alarm for 6:15 and went to sleep.

_______________________________________________

Hannah was heading over to the gas station by Gina's to pick her up there and get some much needed gas since Gina was going there to get snacks for work anyway. It had always bothered her that Gina didn't like her knowing where she lived but understood if it made her uncomfortable. Still, it wasn't like she would ever show up uninvited. Taking the pump out and putting it back she leaned against her car and waited.

After maybe five minutes she saw a short girl with chocolate brown curls bouncing as she walked in the distance. Hannah raised her arm so that she was easy to spot in the crowded gas station. Noticing, Gina jogged over to her with a grin on her face.

"What got you so happy?"

"Oh, you know, food!!"

"Does your snack spree include me?"

"Yes. It. Does!"

Soon Hannah was being dragged in by the short girl. Once inside she looked around at the snacks surrounding them and followed Gina around as she grabbed some snacks for the both of them. Hannah appreciated the fact that Gina remembered her favorite snacks and watched as Gina just seemed happy to have company. Waving her over Hannah bear hugged the short girl and pretended to be her mother nagging her to put some of the many snacks back. Gina played along and whined as she put some back and went to pay for their food.

A happy Gina danced her way to the car as she took a bite of banana bread. She always danced when she ate. It had always been a sort of habit of hers. Hannah got in the car and ate some snacks with her friend as they talked and played music. After half of the snacks were gone Hannah strapped in and started the car. Gina also strapped in and then looked out the window after typing her jobs location into the GPS on Hannah's phone. Hannah noticed she seemed to be mentally preparing for her day at work so she let her be as she drove.

"Is it gonna storm?"

"I don't think so. The weather does get pretty bipolar over here. I bet it's going to clear up in maybe half an hour." Hannah replied.

The sky seemed partly cloudy as they reached their destination. The birds seemed quiet too. There must've been a storm near by. Or maybe the storm was just about to start. Either way Gina thanked her friend for the ride as she got out and walked into a building.

She waited for Hannah to be out of sight before she walked back out to head over to work from there. She hoped that Hannah first see her walking to her job. She didn't want to worry her any more than she already has today. She took her time to be able mentally prepare for her shift.