Chapter 30

Walking though the crowed he was looking for his favorite girl to come join him. Just then he felt a soft tug on his sleeve. Turning his head he saw Angela wearing a blue dress with her hair straight. Smiling he took her hand and pulled her in close to talk. It was rather loud in there.

"Hey there stranger. Mind joining me?"

"Not at all." She replied as she walked ahead to their usual spot before he grabbed her arm.

Looking back at her arm and up to him she stared like a deer in headlights. He chuckled as he bent down to her ear to talk to her.

"Not here tonight. I've got a reservation at a restaurant."

She looked in bewilderment as he took her to his car and got a huge bag out and other smaller ones. Handing them to her he chuckled as Angela's face only got more and more surprised. Especially when he also got out a shoe box.

"I-is this MrC? I can't accept this! You're too kind, sir but I just can't take this."

"Then just wear it to the restaurant. I wanted you to look as perfect as I know you to be."

"B-but sir-"

"Jonathan."

"... Jonathan. Look I love how much you care for me but don't you think this is a bit much?"

"Hardly, look Angela, I'm not stupid. I know you have a man and I recently found out you're just a seventeen year old but somehow you happen to be the kindest  and least selfish woman I've met in there. Women like you are quite rare. Let me treat you accordingly. I know that if you work there it's because you need quick cash." He spoke clearly. He didn't seem to want to go back and forth with this topic.

"Just for now. Please Angela. Let me treat you like you deserve."

Angela bit her lip as she thought. She felt conflicted about it. She did need all the money she could get and he was her best guest. Maybe if she explained it to Jack he wouldn't mind. It's not like they were dating yet or anything anyway. And it wasn't like she'd sleep with Jonathan either. She rubbed the sides of her forehead and sighed softly to herself. She looked up to him and gave him a soft smile.

"Fine, just for now. But after tonight please return the clothes. They're expensive. I can't accept this."

"Deal. Get changed and I'll drive us to the restaurant."

Angela nodded and took the bags and shoe box to the changing room in the back.

Gina
Hey, that guy from my job is taking me to a restaurant. Nothing fishy so far but I'll keep you posted, okay?

Jack
Okay. Please be safe. Don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. If you need me just text me. I'll be there as soon as possible.

She smiled at her phone as she got dressed. He cared so much for her and she always felt butterflies when he'd text her this way. Telling her he'd be there when she needs. She felt selfish. She felt bad that she didn't have a more modest job. But she kept getting turned away from other jobs for having no experience in them and didn't want to be stuck in a "do too much paid too little" job.

She put on a soft bage dress with a softt green design on the blazer and belt that came with it. She also had matching heels for the outfit and a scarf she decided to wear as a ribbon on her wavy straight hair. Earrings and necklaces completed the elegant look and a light sparkling gloss tied it together. She took pictures in the mirror and walked out to him. The other girls looked at her somewhat jealous at her expensive outfit as she walked back to him.

Jonathan eyed her as she walked up to him. He smiled warmly at her. He reached out his hand and twirled her around when she took it.

"Ready?" She nodded in response. He opened the door for her and helped her in his car.

He drove them to a high-end restaurant and helped her out of his car. Walking up to the host he gave his name and were led to a big table where his usual business associates were. Jonathan pulled the seat for her and sat next to her as soon as she sat down. Shortly the usual conversations transpired with the additional topics such as finalizing deals. Angela didn't understand anything that was happening. She just held his hand and played with his rings as he spoke and looked at the menu.

"Pay attention." He softly whispered to her.

She immediately sat up and tuned in to the conversation. Noting some points she sound interesting here and there throughout the conversation. Soon, the waiter took everyone's orders and promptly left when he got everyone orders written and came back with all the drinks in a span of three minutes.

Angela smiled warmly and thanked the waiter when he placed down her drink by her hand. He smiled back and bowed a but before he continued to serve the drinks.

"Here. Write down all the things you find interesting in our conversation, alright?"

Jonathan gave her a small notebook and a fancy pen with a small smile. He would look over to her notes throughout the conversation to make sure she was actually taking notes. He smiled when he saw she'd already filled multiple pages. Once they were eating the business conversation slowed down significantly. Jonathan would talk to her explaining some of the key points of the conversation she had jotted down.

Once the meal was mostly over they picked up the conversation again and Angela started to take notes again. Jonathan tried his best to pace his speaking and to make statements easy to understand for her to write down without being confused about what she was writing. Other than that and the lack of substances the night went as it usually went back at the club. All the same people. Same talk about their gym tech company. But at the same time everything was different. The setting and how Jonathan was treating her.

After paying, the conversion ended when Jonathan claimed it was and stood up. The other followed suit. They gathered their things and said their goodbyes to eachother before heading out. Angela held onto his arm as they walked to the car.

"Should I drop you off at the club or at home?"

"Umm... home sounds good. I have a question."

"Let's hear it."

"What's with the change? The restaurant, the note taking, how you're treating me. What changed?"

"What changed is that I found out you're just a kid. So I figured I'd help out how l can. From now on I'll bring you to my meetings and you'll listen closely and take all the notes you can."

"Okay, but why?"

"Because you've got you're whole life ahead of you Angela. I want you to make something of yourself. Don't worry I'll still pay you for your time. When I was a kid someone else did this to me. They helped me become the businessman I am, not college. I never even went to college. I just learned all I could from my mentor and was able to successfully start my own company without much issue and it's been history ever since."

"... I... don't know what to say. Thank you, Jonathan. I promise I'll try my best."

He smiled at her and pet her head. He opened the door for her again and helped her in. He followed her directions and took her to a large farm house-like  home. Jack was on the porch when Jonathan pulled in right by the porch stairs. Jack quickly went to the car and opened the door for her. He glared at Jonathan when he noticed the clothed she was wearing.

"Have a good night."

With that Jonathan drove off. Jack turned to her with a worried look on his face.

"He's gonna mentor me from now on! He taught me a lot of business stuff! See?"

Gina showed him the several of pages of notes she took. She explained what he said and Jack seemed to get happier and happier for her as she explained it more and more for what seemed to be hours. He even began freaking out at the opprotunity with her.

"That's really cool of him, though I think we'd better sleep now." He said as he yawned and led Gina inside.

'I should keep in eye on him... just in case...'