Chapter 8

Sitting down on her floral bed she took in the events that have happened so far at her school. She got chills thinking about the video and even more chills after she thought how painful that must've been for the boys. She shook her head at an attempt to force it out of her head and for a brief moment it worked.

Hearing her mother call her, Jessica got up and walked over to see what was needed of her. Her mother was in the kitchen finishing everyone's breakfasts. The girl asked if she needed her to set the table and did so when her mother said yes and to also serve drinks.

Once the table was set she began to make everyone coffee. Sure, she used instant coffee which didn't taste the same as brewed but it was still delicious. She placed the mugs carefully on the table trying not to spill anything. Once everything was set and breakfast was served she went to get her father and older sister. They were both in the living room watching an episode of Avenida Brazil.

Soon, they were all at the table talking and eating. Jessica went on and finished her plate quickly to be able to catch her ride to school. Kissing her mother and father goodbye she dashed out the door when she heard a car pull up to her home.

Hannah and the other girls were in the car waiting for her and greeted her when she got in the car. Some of them haven't eaten yet so Hannah took them to a drive through at Wendy's for food. Now, the girls were on their way to school while playing music to try to wake and ready themselves for their first block.

Jessica simply looked out the window as she felt herself doze off and quickly shook.her head to wake up. They girls groaned when they saw their school come into view.

"Well, this is what you get when you go to school in the south side." Ivy said.

The others hummed in response. They pulled into a spot and stayed in the car for a bit longer than usuall until they heard th bell. Now they were all late. They got out of the car and slowly walked into the school and to their classes. The clock seemed to be ticking way too slow.

The blocks were slower than usual. Or at leaste they felt like it. Calculus seemed like the block to always go by the slowest. It always irritated Jessica since it was her weakest subject. She tapped her pencil on the desk as she looked at the white board and tried to put a few brain cells to work.

It didn't work.

"Jessica! Jessica!"

"Huh..?" The room filled with chuckling and light laughter as the girl rose her head up with her class work stuck to her face.

She quickly gathered herself and apologized to her instructor as he made his way back to the front of the class. She then noticed everyone was walking out the door. Quickly, she followed out the door to make it to her next class.

American Government. What else? An even more boring class to be in when you've just woken up from a mid class slumber. But luckily, Terra was in this block so it wasn't nearly as boring as she thought it would be. Terra was the most misbehaved one in the class but, ironically, was also tied with the class brainy as the brightest. The two constantly argued about who was right in the middle of class if their answered were different and Jessica would be lying if she said it wasn't hilarious.

Once, they argued about the answer to who was the woman who was dressed as a man to fight in war just to be killed because suspected a witch. They tend to get "fun" morning questions. The class bursted out laughing when Terra yelled "It's literally like Mulan without any happy plot for fucks sake!" and thus, got after school detention. Jess remembered this vividly but had no time to think about is as the two were arguing again. This time about Chinese mythology.

Jessica simply did her chapter summary while listening to the two like a TV show in the background. Soon, she was done and turned her attention to Terra as she walked up to the nerd, Ethan, and pat his head while saying "It's okay to be wrong. No need to be mad about being a retard." With that the teacher finally decided to step in. Jessica as well as the rest of the class erupted out laughing as Ethan reddened in anger only for the bell to ring as soon as he opened his mouth.

Walking out together, the girls spotted Gina and waved her over. When they made contact with the short girl the three walked to their shared next class in the gym. Jess noticed Gina was happy about this and smiled. Having Gina around was like having a human puppy, or an innocent little sister. She always wanted one so she did her best to be a sister-like friend to Gina.

Their gym class went as usual. Five warm up laps and 15 minutes to hydrate. The rest of the class was weight lifting. Jess liked the class. She could listen to music and could pace herself on how slow or fast she did her reps. The goal was set though. One hundred reps total was the minimum for all of them. The girls all rotated with one bar. One girl worked out while one spotted her and the other rested.

The bell rang for lunch and the girls made their way to the cafeteria. Their stomachs were sure growling after all those repetitions. The group sat down at their usual table along with the rest of the girls and simply ate. They didn't talk much. They knew what they wanted to talk about but were afraid of the perpetrator being present near by to hear their conversation. Scat then broke the ice as she laughed so hard a teacher came over. She reacted simply by showing the teacher what was so funny on her phone and succeeded on also making her laugh. After the teacher asked Scat to quiet down a bit Scat shared the video to the group chat.

The girls were now laughing at a video of a child getting beat up by a trash bin. The bell rang bu the girls weren't done laughing just yet, they talked a bit more and left when they noticed the cafeteria was mostly empty.

Talking and listening to music really made the time fly by. The girls were already heading back to the locker room to freshen up and change back into their stylish outfits. Talking about plans and money and complaining about their next blocks they made their way back to the main building to find their classes.

Walking off on her own, Jessica waved as she went down the G hall to her Biology block. Thank goodness this was the fourth and final block. Hearing about cells and watching a video on them made the class go by. The teacher in this block was really chill about the work so she tried making her lectures easy to grasp and the work being simple as the alphabet. Jess put her notebook away ten minutes til the bell in time for their class break and began to text the girls.

Soon, the dismissing bell rang.