Chapter 32

"Yeah yeah. I know. Just chill out and trust me?" Jack looked at his friend worried he wasn't taking things seriously.

"No. No way. Just keep me posted."

"Yup... You can go now..." He said as he scrolled through his phone.

After a few moments of second guessing his decision, he finally gave up and left to work for the day.

"Alright... fuck what now?" Zeek thought out loud as he walked to the kitchen to look for snacks.

He sat down on the couch and turned on the TV and looking throught the movie apps that were already on it. Unsatisfied, he ended up just picking a random show to watch. Letting it play, he went to Alex's room to check on him and hopefully convince him to get out of the room for once.

Zeek swung  open the door and walked in on Alex as he was busy scrolling through old texts again. Zeek just ignored this and walked up next to him on the bed and flopped down making Alex bounce up. Smirking, Zeek turned his head to meet with his very annoyed friend. He just scoffed though and returned to looking at his phone with his eyebrows stitched together. Not wanting to accept defeat, Zeek got up on the bed to jump and land on the same spot making Alex bounce up significantly higher this time.

He quickly grabbed Alex's phone when he had the chance causing him to instinctively get up and chase him. He led Alex into the livingroom where the show was still playing and held the phone above the TV.

"Soooo, you wanna be depressed by yourself by choice or not depressed with me by choice?"

Alex frowned and looked to his friend then up to his phone. Sighing, he looked down to the floor and walked over to the couch knowing Zeek would probably throw his phone on the floor if he picked it. Zeek grinned at his reaction and put the phone in his back pocket. The tension was definitely there though Zeek never gave a damn about tension. "Mood" was everyone else's problem not his.

They watched a few hours worth of the TV show Zeek had picked out prior to getting Alex. Now they were just bored staring at the TV.

"Ugh, fuck this shit. Wanna play something?"

"No-"

"Yes. Yes you do. Fucking emo kid." He mumbled the last part as he got up and stretched out.

"Come on. We're going to my place to play. I'm not playing on your crusty 360."

"...okay." Zeek held the door for Alex as a way room rush him out. Thankfully it worked.

Alex knew there was no way out of anything Zeek wanted to do. He was just too damn stubborn to argue with. Zeek held his hand out for the keys when they were reaching the car to which Alex hesitantly gave. After one last protest and also trying to just turn and leave he finally gave up and got in the passenger seat to his borrowed car. It was supposed to be Jessica's gift. He never got to give it to her. Maybe after she turned up he could still gift it to her.

Alex laid back in the car seat and zoned into the scenery in front of him like it was the Tv screen. It'd take a while to get to Zeek's apartment from his. Might as well get comfortable.

Ding

Zeek fished his phone from his front pocket and read through his message. He then opened his camera and took a photo of Alex in the passenger seat looking miserable and sent it to a paranoid Jack as a response. Zeek didn't know how the hell Jack could get so personally invested like that about someone else's life. Maybe... it was Zeek who had the problem of not taking things as seriously as they are. No, he's fine. What's the point in worrying about it? He's fine right now and that's all that matters.

"Hey. What did you like about her so much? Just curious."

"... I don't know."

"Bull. You wouldnt be like this of you didn't like her at all."

"It's true. I swear... it's just..."

"Just what?"

"All of what she put me through meant nothing. What I felt was nothing. My pain meant nothing to her. She threw me away after all the hell fire and disappeared... it hurts. Am I really not worth shit?"

"You are, she's not."

"Wh-"

"Do you even hear yourself? Talking about how you didn't even like her and shit and how she just treated you and then threw you away the left like nothing. I remember how much money you'd spend on the girl just to not get fucking hit. Like this fucking car. I feel like you ended up forcing yourself to like her. I feel like you're still doing that instead of getting your shit together. Fucking sad dude."

Alex stared in shock. He didn't expect this. It hurt like hell but he knew everything he said was right. He needed to move on but instead he was stuck there as if he was lovesick or something when that wasn't the case. He needed to do something. Move. Just to move on his own without others telling him. Something. Anything.

Zeek hit the breaks rather roughly out of nowhere. They got to his place.

"Oh and let's start with this. This fucking BMW is yours. Just yours. Fuck, you're so much work." He breathed out annoyed with the situation and even more so after thinking about it and talking about it.

They got out of the car and made their way up to the third floor of the building. Zeek swung his front door open to reveal his surprisingly neat apartment. They both went to his gaming room and spent quite some time playing survival zombie games. They didn't intend to change the subject.

"Hey Zeek?"

"Jeasus what the fuck is it now?"

"Nothing. Just... thanks."

"Whatever. You say that like you're not my friend."

Alex smiled to himself. This was what he needed.