151.Lisa was slapped

'Father, I have always wanted to pursue my goals and love in my life. But your overprotectiveness is rather suffocating for me. Give me two years, and I will surely come back to you. Even if I'm not back, please don't investigate me, don't intrude on my privacy. I want to live my own life rather than living in a shell. I want my freedom, I would be very happy this way. Please, don't disappoint me.'

Such a letter was something a rebellious child would write to parents. Living life? Freedom? Are you sure?

Lisa snickered, immediately getting the attention of the two men "She sure lived her life very well."

Such hypocrisy, she hated it very much. Since you left your father because you wanted freedom, then what right did you have to come back to him when your happy life faced problems and complications? Since you wanted to be independent and leave the protective shell your father created around you, then why did you drag him down with you when you couldn't handle the price which came with that freedom?

"Enough!" Grandpa Kim clenched his fists. Maybe she has done many wrong things in her life, but how he let anyone talk badly about when he loved his daughter even more than his own life. How could he bear to see Lisa hating her own mother?

"I never investigated her as she wanted. I let her live her own life, though I was anxious, I would even miss her but still, your grandmother was there, she used to support her daughter's decision. In a flash, four years passed just like that yet there was no sign of her coming back to us. Just when I almost lost control, she came back, but not alone. She was twenty-four years by then as she came with two babies in her arms, Taehyung was three and you were a few months old. She cried and desperately begged me not to ask anything about the past...."

"And just like always, you forgave her," Lisa asked sarcastically.

"Yes, I did. I thought she has already suffered enough. I didn't have the heart to hurt her anymore so I did just as she said. I taught her business so that it could divert her attention and it worked. Though she was not a genius like you, she was quite efficient in it. I let her take over my position after a few years. Everything was going well until twelve years later when I discovered that Kim Corporations has become an empty shell. At that time, I was not angry, instead... disappointed. A daughter whom I loved and doted to the point of having blind trust in her did this to me. She never trusted me, it felt like a failure... like I was a failure of a father..." Those old wrinkled eyes were filled with tears. There was no mischievousness in them like it always did.

"Grandpa, you have always been the best in whatever you have done," Lisa slightly whispered, to which the old man chuckled.

"That night, I waited for her to return home. I wanted an answer, an explanation of everything she has done. But, she never came, instead, what awaited me was the news of her accident... It was like a nightmare to see my beloved daughter lying in the hospital, struggling between life and death. I wanted to save her but it was way too late. The only thing she spoke to me before taking her last breath was...." He closed his eyes, reminiscing those painful words which pierced right through his heart.

'Fa... Father, th.. this is the last time I'm b.. begging you for something. Don't investigate this, please... I trusted the wrong people or maybe I owe it to them. Pr... Promise me, will you?'

'Goeun, don't say such things, nothing will happen to you... I... I will get the best doctors to treat you..'

'I don't have much time left... Pl...Please...'

'I...I promise..'

'I've been a bad daughter... forgive me fath...'

'Goeun!!!'

Grandpa Kim painfully closed his eyes. As a father, was his love for his daughter wrong? Was he unable to teach her well?

Kim Taehyung clenched fists until veins popped out. To him, she was not as blurry as she was in Lisa's memory. When she passed away, he was studying abroad, but he still remembers that gentle-looking face.

He was unable to comprehend just what kind of woman was she. Because of her selfishness, she let her father suffer. A person who loved her more than everything in the world, all she has given him was pain and betrayal even on her deathbed

Unlike Taehyung, Lisa was calm, so calm that it was scary. Grandpa Kim, who noticed immediately patted her shoulder "Lali, are you fine?"

Lisa stood up as her lips slightly tilted up "Of course, I am."

"What were you thinking about?"

Lisa chuckled, "Thinking about how that ruthless woman would have never imagined that her children would become so capable. Or else she would have made us take an oath to protect her so-called 'friend and family' who were involved in the destruction of the Kims. Such selfishness, wow, I'm amazed yet ashamed at the same time. How could someone be so cruel to a person who loved her the most, to a father like you? And I'm ashamed to admit that she is my biological mother..."

"That's enough..."

"What? Do you still want to protect her? Don't you think you had done it for so many times already? Just because you never stopped her, she stepped all over you. Your health deteriorated because of her, grandma passed away, and not to mention that Kim Corporations was finished. Just what kind of a f*cking daughter was..."

'Slap!'

Grandpa Kim slapped Lisa with all his strength, to the point that the corner of her lips cracked as blood started oozing out as her back hit the door with a loud 'bang'.