182.Doting wife

"Good Evening, father-in-law...."

"Pffft...Cough... Cough... Hahaha.. cough!" Taehyung choked on his coffee as he coughed profusely but he couldn't control his laughter as he covered his mouth with the back of his hand. When has Jungkook ever been so demure?!

Lisa suspiciously gazed at her brother who was on the verge of biting the back of his hand before turning back to look at her husband who was standing stiffly, with expectant eyes as he gazed at Master Gong. Did.. she miss anything? Why was everything so strange?

Master Gong gazed at his daughter who was looking at them with confusion apparent in her eyes, he pretended to hug Jungkook as he patted the man on his back. His actions seemingly gentle but not his words, "You don't have to call me that. I have yet to acknowledge you. Moreover, there is no guarantee that I would ever accept you."

'After raising his hand on my princess, he still dares to be so shameless? Humph!' Master Gong's impression of Jungkook decreased from fifty to zero. That fifty points he had given to the man because he shielded his daughter from the bullet but who could have known that the man was a beast himself?

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. So, Taehyung was right after all. This man hated him to the core.

On the other hand, Taehyung, who could read the man's lips sneaked a glance at his sister and sure enough, her face was slowly darkening. He inwardly shook his head for a certain poor father. The man has surely underestimated his daughter.

As Master Gong walked towards his children, his face turning amicable as though nothing unusual happened.

Taehyung indifferently nodded his head as a greeting to which the man raised an eyebrow but did not say anything. A certain fox's sitting posture turned stiff, he knew it very well it was not the best way to greet your father though.

Lisa stood up from the sofa as she walked towards Jungkook who just came back after locking the door, she hooked her hand around his arm. "Good evening, Master Gong," The corner of her lips tilted up as she greeted the man.

Master Gong frowned, "You're not supposed to call me that."

Sons are hopeless so he didn't bother to teach Taehyung how to address his father but how could he let his princess be corrupted like that?

"I shouldn't call you that. I have yet to acknowledge you. Moreover, there is no guarantee that I would ever accept you," Lisa nonchalantly shrugged.

Jungkook's azure eyes sparkled like stars as he looked at the woman clinging to him. He never needed anyone to stand up for him. No one had ever affected his opinion neither did he care about anyone. But how long had it been since someone had defended him like that? It was a nice feeling to have her after all.

She has always been the same. In the frosty world, she would always give away a little warmth to him, she could easily lighten up his dark depth with a few words of hers. She was magic!

Taehyung scoffed as he turned his head to the side, not wanting to eat dog food at all. But he couldn't deny the sweet feeling in his heart.

As for Master Gong, he stood there rooted to the ground, seeming to be struck by lightning. One could practically imagine his heart breaking into pieces. Did his princess just abandon him?

He, the invincible, Gong Yoo got abandoned by his beloved daughter for the sake of a wildflower?!

How laughable!

He jaws clenched as he glared at Jungkook. A certain son-in-law's impression point dropped from zero to negative scale just like that.

Taehyung sneakily glanced at the man's expression before inwardly shaking his head. Did this man take his little sister as dumb? He had expected the whole scene to end up as the couple showing off their love from the very first moment because Lisa knew how to read lips very well.

To top it off, she preferred Jungkook's beauty over her family and doted on the man, so obviously, it had to end like that.

Master Gong's brows knitted slightly, 'What had his devil done to bewitch my daughter that she still loves him even after being subjected to domestic violence?'

"Have a seat," The man nodded his head before taking a seat beside his son. "How is Grandpa Gong?" Lisa asked bringing everyone's attention.

Master Gong sighed, "He is mostly sleeping for the past two days," the man's gaze slightly shifted to his son before he continued, "Dr. Jeon has advised to let him follow a proper diet and exercise regularly along with taking the medications to recuperate faster."

Taehyung was speechless for a second. A muscle in his jaw twitched as he saw through the teasing intent in the man's eyes.

"Daily usage of artificial skin is unsuitable," Taehyung softly murmured as Jungkook and Tang watched the scene with interest. The man usually pretended not to care about his father, but his tone was obviously laced with concern.

Master Gong chuckled, "I can't skip this when I go out," He looked at his children as his eyes slightly darkened, "It will endanger both your lives further."

Jungkook frowned, "What does that mean?"