128.The real culprit

Jungkook disregarded the man's ramblings as he twirled the coffee before taking a sip "It's true that we don't know each other, but you seem to know my wife."

Mark Tuan: "_" Are all the big shots so moody? He was sure he never dated a married person.

"Your wife...?"

"Lali, you know her as Lali while I know her as Lisa, my wife. You supposedly were a friend of hers."

Mark was shocked. He choked on his drink as he coughed furiously. Jungkook sat there like a statue; his elegance wasn't affected a bit.

Finally, Mark calmed downed as he thought things over. Yes, he knew that she was from the family of royals. But he was not sure on the details. Like he had no idea that Ash Corporations and Kim Family have a correlation like this. That girl became the queen of business. Moreover, she is the wife legendary President Jeon.

A soft smile graced his lips at the thought of his friend. She had once said that she will revive her family again and make it prestigious as it once was, even if she has to start it all over. She did it!

He opened his mouth, wanting to ask something but Jungkook was one step ahead "So, why did she leave America back then?"

"That ruthless girl... cough... she just left like that, even without informing me. Not only that, I, as her friend had no idea on how to contact her. After so many years, I finally got some clues and came her but not only she ignored me, she practically allowed her bodyguards to beat me up," Though the bodyguards didn't injure him, it was aching allover. Tsk tsk! What a savage woman.

Jungkook casually leaned back on the couch "So, who was the person you wanted to introduce to her?"

Mark frowned. He was not a fool, even if they are a couple, why would President Mo know about such a small matter from ages ago; it sounded like he was interrogating him.

"Erm. it was my long-time crush. But what has it got to do with it?"

"Lili was almost raped. The man was using your perfume and knew of the matters that nobody knows except you," Jungkook said sternly as he came straight to the point. He could see that this man is not lying. So, maybe he could find some clues from him.

True enough, Mark was shocked, his eyes opened wide as he trembled with anger, his wild attitude was long gone as realization struck him, he cursed "That bastard."

He ran his fingers through his silver hair as he exasperatedly spoke "He was my roommate, that man has long liked Lali....Dammit, I should have known that something must have happened."

That man, he was like a brother to him. And he liked knowing everything about Lali. As long as it didn't invade her privacy, he as a friend shared some small things with so that it would help him in pursuing her.

Jungkook pursed his lips as the temperature in the room dropped suddenly.

Mark shivered. This man is out to kill him for sure.

He quickly took out his phone before calling a friend. The call got connected as a cheery voice was heard "Hey, CEO Mark. I thought you completely forgot this poor friend. It's been years since we last talked, Missed me?"

"John, do you have the contact information of Edward, the man who used to share a room with us during university?" Mark asked while putting the call on speaker.

"Hey...buddy, don't you know about it? Well, you have been away from the social circle for so long, it's as expected of you to don't know." the man sighed deeply.

Jungkook tapped his fingers on the desk impatiently.

Mark immediately got the hint "What do I not know?"

"Edward is no more."

"What? How could this be? And how did it happen? He was alright the last time I saw him then how could he..." Mark was shocked. He couldn't believe the man he used to call bro has passed away. On the other hand, that bastard did something so unforgivable to Lali.

For him, it was all too exhausting. Today, all the revelations were out of imagination for him.

"That...his death was way too mysterious. He disappeared nine years ago and after a few days, his body was returned to his family members. The case was closed as if the higher ups have reached at a consensus."

Jungkook's nonchalant face finally had a reaction at this moment. He furrowed his brows as he pondered about the matter. Nine years? Is it a coincidence that that particular incident also happened nine years ago?

Mark also noticed this point as he remembered it very well that it was exactly nine years ago that Lali left America without notifying him.

"Nine years ago? Can you tell me the exact time? We all were still living together back then, how come I don't know what had happened to him?"

"Of course, I remember the time, it all started from a memorable day after all... Do you remember the high-profile party in the Crystal's pub? After that day, Lali left America and I have yet known how she is doing currently. Then, two days later, you were gone. The day after you left, Edward also disappeared."

Mark was stunned. Such coincidences can't be called coincidence. It was more like someone has intentionally done this, the purpose was either to avenge Lali or to silence the man so as to not let them know about the whole truth.

Jungkook wasn't in a dilemma like Mark. Although he was confused for a moment, but it only took him a few moments to organize his thoughts.

A person who can command over American authorities while going to this extent to avenge Lili, who could it be other than him?

How did he know the person was not a foe? It was quite simple. If the person wanted to silence the man, why would he bother sending the body back to his family? Such righteousness, yet being decisive and ruthless at the same time, that person has always been like that.

...

Taehyung stood in front of Jennie's new luxurious villa as he recited his lines by heart 'I like you, so I wanted you to live with me. I like you so I wanted...Darn! It's so corny.'

'Confess... Confess... Give a name to your relationship,' Jin's voice rang like a chant in his mind.