168.Depression? Are you kidding?

Jennie nearly tripped over her feet. She shouldn't have such thoughts but Taehyung somehow sounded like a vegetable when he was simply praised by his sister.

Just the way a greengrocer proclaims that the brinjal he has is the most tender, smooth, and purple one available in the area, Lisa seems to be trying to sell her brother off in the same way.

"Eh? It somehow sounds inappropriate," she somehow realized that there was something wrong with her wordings at this point to which Jennie pursed her lips with a 'did you realize it just now' look.

Lisa's hands landed on hand rims as she locked the brakes, stopping the wheelchair in the hallway.

She grabbed Jennie's hand which was resting on the push handle of the wheelchair before pulling her forward. "Tch, so bothersome! Let me rephrase it, then,'' she sighed. Her hazel eyes locked onto the woman's face, observing every shift in her reactions, "Jennie, do you have feelings for my brother?"

The woman's lips trembled as she opened her mouth to deny but what came out of her mouth was "Y...Yes, I have already come to terms with my feelings. Since the first time I met him at the airport, I... I was infatuated with him. The second time when he brought your friend to the hospital, I thought they were a couple and it somehow made me uncomfortable. You know what, previously I used to think it's a matter between man and woman; that I would feel the same for any handsome man or a person who will care for me. As you said, your brother is a handsome man, many women desire him and maybe I'm one of them who is attracted to his charms," she sighed before adding, "But from the moment we started living together, I discovered that it is not true. I tried dating some men, but this concept only repulsed me further. So, for a fact, I'm sure that I feel for Taehyung and yes, I indeed like him. But I don't want our relationship to move any further...''

Lisa raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Your brother.... he is depressed. I guess his depression is the cause of his attachment to me. Once he is treated..."

Lisa cut her off before she could complete her sentence, "Depression? Are you kidding me? My brother can be the most level-headed person you'll ever meet."

"What? But..He said...Wait! Ar...Are you sure?" her eyes turned wide as her brain went blank.

"Of course, what hasn't he gone through all these years? The person who rules the Entertainment industry today was a nobody years ago? When has he ever been depressed?" Lisa pursed her lips, "Moreover, he is not a complex person; if you don't matter to him, he won't even ask if you are alive or dead. If he cares for you, then mark my words, you are special to him.''

Jennie was stunned. Does it mean he lied to her?

Lisa's lips slightly curved up,'I'm giving you a golden opportunity, brother. You must grab it.'

"Let's go," she softly muttered as Jennie snapped back to her senses.

"We are already here. It's that room in the front. Do you need me to accompany you inside?"

"No need. I can manage it from here."

She nodded her head as she turned around and left.

Lisa sighed as she looked at her wheelchair, "Don't tell me that you are accompanying me to the office tomorrow!"

...

"Father, I can not bear this torture anymore. Since when did I become so useless and weak? Why do I have to watch you go through all the pain while I can not help you with it? My daughter was almost assassinated in front of my eyes because of my carelessness...." He clasped his father's hand as tightly as possible.

The old man on the hospital bed frowned in his sleep causing Gong Yoo to loosen his grip. He hung his head low, feeling helpless and exhausted.

"Father, you must stay strong," His eyes shone with determination as he looked at the old man's peaceful countenance, "You must hold on. You have yet to spend some time with your grandson and granddaughter. I have yet to tell Lali and Tae that I'm their father...."

"W...What?!" A soft, shaky voice interrupted him before he could speak any further.

Gong Yoo stiffened. There was a slight panic rising in his heart; he knew this was bound to happen in the future. But he never thought it will occur this way and that too so soon.

He slowly raised his head as he turned around, only to find Lisa sitting in the wheelchair in the doorway as she looked at him in disbelief.