149.Talk to Grandpa

"Take another route, since you can't find anything about the assassination attempt, then look into Kingsman Faction, all their recent activities," Jungkook flatly said.

Secretary Lim nodded but before he could say anything, Jaehyun, who was standing right behind him, interrupted him "President Jeon, I apologize for being impolite but it's impossible to track them without using all the resources at hand.

"Then use everything it takes to do so."

"I, Jaehyun, as the captain of Jeon A-Elites, implore you to think twice. Kingsman Faction is already clashing with the government, the military is at their wits' end. If we wield all our resources, only then will we be able to keep investigate thoroughly. But, it will threaten your safety. It is not worth it. Commander Jeon..."

"Enough," Jungkook interrupted the man before he could talk any further.

Secretary Lim smiled wryly. Over, it's all over!

Eunwoo closed his eyes, inwardly mourning for his elder brother who was 'almost dead' in his eyes at this moment. The man could provoke anyone yet he was interested in poking President Jeon 's old wounds.

"I've long retired from my position. The current cooperation between the military and Jeon Empires is just my duty as an ex-military officer."

Jaehyun immediately came to his knees before he lowered his head. Although he was kneeling, he was not convinced by all these things. Why would the President take such risks just because of a woman? He indignantly voiced out his thoughts, "But, President you shouldn't take such risks just for a woma..."

The temperature in the room dropped as a chill ran down their spines looking at Jungkook's azure eyes which were filled with ruthlessness.

Secretary Lim and Eunwoo cursed Jaehyun inwardly. Just because President Jeon has become soft-spoken and a little normal after his marriage doesn't mean that the devil no longer exists. He is still the same, touch his inverse scales, and you will regret your actions for a lifetime

Jaehyun was panicking yet he kept his back straight, thinking that he didn't do anything wrong. President Mo can have as many women as he wants, why must he face such dangers just because of that troublesome woman?

As if he could read his thoughts from his facial expressions, the intensity in Jungkook's eyes increased.

Eunwoo and Secretary Lim looked at each before painfully closing their eyes, the terror they felt at this moment made them clench their fist. According to them, Jaehyun should've thought of the consequences before speaking up.

Much to their horror, like the devil giving a death sentence, he spoke up "You overstepped your boundaries again..."

'Ring...Ring...Ring...'

A phone call halted the emperor from executing the death sentence.

"P.. President, i... it's a call from Young Mistress," Secretary Lim shivered slightly as he passed the phone to the man.

Jungkook's eyes softened as he immediately answered the phone call.

"Were you busy? Am I disturbing you?" Her voice was calm, yet he could feel the slight tremble, indicating her nervousness.

Jungkook smiled, his face was gentle whereas that smile was like the first blooms of springs.

Eunwoo and Secretary Lim looked at the phone with worship apparent in their eyes. Their Young Mistress and the future Madam of Jeon Family is indeed a goddess. She can turn around the chilly winter to soothing springs just with a phone call.

Jaehyun scoffed. President is bewitched by this woman for sure!

"Of course I am free."

"_" President Mo, can you be a bit more honest? A man is kneeling waiting for his death penalty, we audience are frightened by your dominant aura yet you had the nerve to say that you are 'free'? How cruel!

Lisa sighed "Jungkook, I have decided to confront grandpa about that matter. He must have known something. Do you think I'm wrong?"

Jungkook was silent for few moments before speaking up "Grandpa is not that weak as you take him to be. Rather than staying insecure all the time, it's better to take enemies by surprise and finish them once and for all. I support your decision."

"Alright~ Love you," With that, she hung up, leaving his heart in a complete mess.

Though he couldn't see it, he could imagine her glowing eyes...

"Pres.. President, any orders?" Secretary Lim stammered.

"Yes, go get the work done. I don't want all this to be dragged out anymore," He paused as he turned to look at Jaehyun, who was still kneeling "You are a capable captain, do not let your assumptions and mentality blind you. Next time you cross my bottom line, the consequences will be severe. As for Lisa, she is your immediate boss from now on, you can even defy my orders for once, but you have to obey every command of hers."

"Yes, President," Jaehyun clenched his fists, although discontented, he didn't show it on his face. He knew that President has already reached his limits for today. If he provoked him further, then he will be done for.

But what he didn't consider was that Jungkook would have already lashed out at him if not for Lisa's call or maybe Jaehyun didn't want to consider it.

The three men deeply bowed before retreating.