32- Febreeze & Foiled Plans

Swiss and Cirrus went through five cans of air freshener in order to remove Y/N's scent from the house. Like Mountain said, they were all used to Y/N's scent since they hung out with them all, but they had to mask it in case Special were to stop by. Every ghoul was tasked with a job to protect their friend, and Swiss made sure to do his best. Cirrus was tasked to be his partner, and she scrounged up every cleaning item she could find.

"I think that's all we can do," Cirrus said as she wiped her forehead.

"At least it's more helpful than Sodo's job." Swiss gestured to the Fire ghoul. He sat near the front door and played on his phone. Sodo occasionally looked out the window in the door, but he mostly sat and did nothing productive.

"Rainy~" Sodo cooed. Rain trudged in from the kitchen and slowly made his way to Sodo's chair. Sodo gestured for the Water ghoul to sit on the floor next to him, and Rain reluctantly plopped down. As he sat criss-cross-applesauce in front of the chair, Sodo started giving him a back massage.

"Better be paying me later today. . ." Rain mumbled.

"Oh yes! I love you too, sweetheart! What a silly question!" Sodo loudly and generously applied fake sincerity like he would add sugar to any recipe.

"Trying to rub it in my face?" Swiss asked.

"I'm just happy that I have a boyfriend who supports me and cares for me," Sodo stated. At the same time, Rain rolled his eyes.

. . .

As Mountain did not know of the tension between Ather and Sunshine, he accidentally paired them together. Sunshine did her best to ignore Aether, but the kitchen was small. They were tasked with making a basket of food to be taken to Y/N. Mountain would disguise it as a picnic with Cumulus in the gardens, and he would sneak off to deliver the basket when the coast was clear.

In the meantime, Aether and Sunshine worked in silence to complete the list that Mountain had created. Aether had not yet apologized to Sunshine, so she felt she had the right to ignore him until he made the first move. If she did have to talk to him, it was mostly in monosyllables.

"'Scuse me." Aether gestured towards the fridge. Sunshine moved out of the way, and Aether got out the milk.

"What are you doing?" She sternly asked.

Aether gave her a weird look. "The pancakes require milk. . .?"

"No! You idiot! They're allergic to dairy!" Sunshine slammed down the paper plate she was holding and went towards Aether. She took the milk jug from him, exchanged it for oatmilk, and sat down on a stool.

"It was an innocent mistake."

"You think making someone ill is an innocent mistake?"

"You know I didn't mean it."

"But you didn't think! Use your brain!"

"Please; I don't want to fight. Is this all from when I barged in and yelled at you and Phantom?"

Sunshine looked at Aether. She slowly nodded.

"My actions were uncalled for, and I should've apologized then and there."

"But you didn't."

"You are right; I didn't. I'm apologizing now."

"Did you apologize to Phantom?"

"Yea, I talked to him earlier today. But Sunshine, please. Please accept my apology, I don't want to have a weird distance between us. I want to be able to spend time with you again." Aether looked at her. His voice wavered, and his eyes seemed to beg for her forgiveness.