23- Ghouls & Angels

*TW: blood

My back hurt, and I hated having to use my glamour so much. Satan, I wish I could move my tail instead of hiding it.

"You seem to be in a bit of trouble, ghoul."

A bothersome guardian angel was another one of my problems.

"I heard you came here for suspicious behavior around the area where a human disappeared."

"And you are still stuck here after, I don't know, five years?"

"Three. I started when I was fifteen," he bragged. Like I cared. He could take his "holier-than-thou" attitude and hit the road.

"Let me sleep."

"Why?" He questioned.

"Listen, Michael, Gabriel, or whatever the hell your name is," I saw the angel flinch at the word "hell", "It's been a long day, and I wish to spend some time by myself. So fuck off."

"But why were you near an area where a human disappeared?" The angel continued to pester me, asking small questions until I broke.

"Shut the hell up before I tear off that halo off your ugly glowing head!" I growled. The angel glanced at the police officer asleep in his desk chair. It was a pointless task, as humans couldn't see or hear angels in their true form; only as other humans. All of his eyes focused on me again.

"You cannot reach through the cell." He stated.

"Can I sing you a song?" I asked.

"What would it be?"

Oh, he's in for it now.

I softly hummed the intro to "Mary on a Cross", the angel being clueless. When the chorus came around, I made sure to use proper diction and pronunciation.

"And-and the Holy Mother is. . . on a cross?" The angel's voice wavered.

"Well, if you take it literally, yes. But the 'go down' part means something else." I told him with a sly smile.

"What does it mean?"

"'Go down'? Like, really? You don't have any clue what that could reference?" I was dumbfounded.

"No," he said, truthfully.

"You're so innocent, it's close to disgusting. It means to get on your knees to give a blow job."

"A what?"

"Satan, you're an idiot."

"Don't use that profanity here!" He fumed.

"Why, is the watcher in the sky doing a report on how you handle this situation?" I mocked. The angel clenched his fists, and then calmed down.

I wish Y/N could be here to witness this. Too bad humans can't see angels. I wonder if they had a guardian angel before I found them.

"What are you thinking about?"

"None of your business," I growled as I rolled to face the wall.

"The human. Do you know what happened to them?

"Did you take care of them? If so, where did their guardian angel go?

"Did you love them?"

I kept my mouth shut as I faced the wall. I promised Y/N I would be with them. I promised. And I heard my phone, which was taken from me, buzzing on the officer's desk.

Oh, Satan. Rain has gotta get me some of his medication pretty soon.

I started to run my hands up and down my arms in an effort to calm myself, and I unglamoured my claws. They cut through my shirt and some blood trickled down my arm.