15- His Greenhouse

"Hey, how are you?"

"A lot better, but not completely healed."

"I'd say come to practice, but it would make your head worse."

"Yea."

"Want to do something tomorrow?"

"Sure! What time?"

"I can meet you around ten at your apartment? Is that all right?"

"Yes. See you then!"

. . .

"Ugh. . . five more minutes. . ."

The alarm screamed at my face. I wanted to start getting up earlier so I could go to bed earlier, too, but it's hard to change the time I wake up at. I rolled over and checked the time. The clock showed 6:33. My alarm was still blaring, so I hit it to make it shut up. Enough of that. I stretched a bit, and then got out of bed.

The wood flooring was cold, so it helped wake me up. As I walked to my closet, my tail started feeling like like it had pins and needles in it. Shit; I must've slept on it. I slowly rubbed the circulation into it, being careful not to touch the spaded tip. I picked up my silver mask from my dresser and shuffled in the direction of my closest.

After getting ready for the day, I grabbed my satchel, phone, keys, and wallet and headed out. Light from the window started to illuminate the hallway, and I could hear some birds chirping by the tree outside. As I closed my door, my eyes spotted a paper taped to it.

"IS THIS YOU" It asked. Beneath the wording, a picture of two ghouls in an embrace was shown. I read some more.

"This photo has been captured, and an informant lists the known ghoul as Sodo. Who is the second ghoul? Contact Chair or Swiss to give tips."

I examined the picture. Sure enough, Sodo was one of the ghouls. The picture was taken from above, and seemed to be in an alleyway. I couldn't tell, as their face was turned away from the camera, but the other ghoul looked like Aether.

Well.

They were standing pretty close for just being "friends".

I grabbed the paper and balled it up. Swiss and Chair were up to something. As I walked on, I noticed that every ghoul's door had a paper on it. I grabbed every one, ripped them up, and put them in my bag. If word got out, Aether would be embarrassed. I can't imagine him other than happy and protective.

I walked downstairs and got to the kitchen. Luckily, Cumulus previously showed me where the emergency supplies are kept, so I was able to find a match and burn the papers. I safely disposed of them, and got breakfast started. Making myself some cereal with oatmilk, I thought of the day ahead.

First, I would preorder lunch for pickup. Next, I would organize the greenhouse. After that, I would pick up Y/N.

Oh. Them.

I wish I wasn't so touch starved and so willing to bend over backward for anyone just showing simple kindness. But I know it's just a dumb crush, and will be over soon. I hope.

I pulled out my phone and called the small sandwich shop in the village. Luckily, they were open early. I ordered two turkey sandwiches with sides of soup and veggies. After hanging up, I rinsed my bowl and spoon. I grabbed my satchel, and went to go.