27-Meetings

"You have a visitor, Mounty!" Cirrus called up the stairs.

Next thing I knew, Y/N bolted into my room. They panted as they slammed the door shut behind them. I went over to them and guided them into a chair.

"What's up? You ok?" They pretty much fell into the chair, and they shook their head. I knelt down in front of them, rubbing their arms.

"Terzo- he, he," Y/N panted. They shook, and I grabbed their hands.

"Slow down, darling! I can't understand you when you try to spit out all the words at once." They softly smiled, remembering how I wanted to be called the pet name. Satan, how long ago was that? A couple weeks? It felt like forever. "What about Terzo?"

"I was walking through the village, and happened to bump into Terzo. He asked me how I was doing and commented on how we, you and I, have gotten closer."

"Yes," I replied. Terzo would seem supportive of our relationship, so what was the problem?

"He told me about how he flirted with Omega during a ritual. He was warned about it by the Clergy, and that he was supposed to stop. Terzo ignored the warnings, and continued." They shook. I made calming shushing noises, and pulled them off the chair and onto my lap.

"What else? Tell me," I told them. My hands ran up and down their back, rubbing in circular motions.

"Well, Terzo said that the Clergy had a representative meet with him. He was told that if he continued flirting with a ghoul, his job would be at stake. So he thinks that may be a reason why he was removed as the leader of the band."

"Hey, I understand you feel bad for him, but-"

"Mountain, you don't understand. The Clergy representative said that humans can't have a relationship with ghouls." Tears welled up in their eyes as they explained, and my heart sunk. After a long time of awkward conversations and time spent together, we finally were comfortable holding hands in public. I liked them so much, and maybe my feelings ran deeper. Who knows; maybe I would want to have a family with them someday. I couldn't imagine this taken from me. Y/N buried their face in my shoulder. I gently cupped their face, and had them look at me.

"Y/N, I promise that we will still be together. I will do everything in my power to be able to stay with you. I will whoop anyone's ass if I have to," I whispered. I wiped tears from their eyes, and kissed their cheek. They softly smiled, hugging me.

We sat and cuddled until they kissed me. I returned the favor, and our kisses quickly became rougher, shorter, and more intense. Y/N straddled my lap in order to run their hands over my arms. They still hurt when pressure was applied, but I did my best to mask the pain. Eventually, I ended up laying on my back with Y/N straddling my waist, still kissing me. They stopped when they realized how we were positioned.

"I have to go," they told me, getting up.

"Wait. Please stay with me. We don't have to do anything." I sat up and patted the spot on the floor next to me, beckoning them back to me.

"I'd love to, but I don't trust myself."

I blushed. "I, uh-"

"No. I don't trust myself to not fall in love with you anymore than I already have."

. . .

Aether squirmed while Sunshine adjusted his tie. It was the purple one he bought on sale.

"You are very handsome. This tie just adds to it," she told him, making sure it was straight. After brushing some fuzz off of the shoulders of his white dress shirt, she stepped back and smiled.