26- Shopping Fiasco

Sunshine went to the bakery.

Aether was by the clearance clothes.

Rain was looking through the books, a stack already in his arms.

Cirrus explored the shoe aisles.

Cumulus walked to look at the movies.

And Sodo and Swiss ran hand-in-hand, tripping over their feet all the way to the candy aisle.

"Look at those fools go. Like they need any more sugar in their systems," Mountain scoffed.

"Do they have colored pencils here?" Phantom asked. You went along with all the ghouls to the grocery store, and it was Phantom's first outing.

"I think so. Let's go look. Do you want to come with us, Mountain?"

"Nah. I'm going to find and stop the lovebirds." As Mountain set off, you went to go find the art supply aisle for Phantom. He explained that he felt guilty for using everyone else's art supplies and he wanted his own set.

"Here we go." You found the right aisle, and Phantom picked out a few packs of markers, crayons, and colored pencils. "Want a sketchbook?"

"Sunshine gave me one."

"Okay. Let's go find the others."

. . .

Mountain found Sodo and Swiss with a basket of chocolates full to the brim.

"Whoa there! You don't need all this!" Mountain told them.

"But we do! Please let us buy it! Please, please, please!" Swiss whined, hugging Mountain's legs like a koala hugged a tree. Sodo was still debating whether or not dark chocolate was better than milk. He just shrugged, and tossed both into the basket.

"Stop acting like spoiled kits! Sodo, put the chocolate bars back. You each can get two candies."

"I have my own money, so why should I listen to you?" Sodo bit back. Swiss, still clinging to Mountain's legs, nodded.

"Mounty, if he wants to buy the bars with his own money, let him!"

"Get off my legs, and stop giving him these ideas. I'm going to find Y/N."

Sodo turned toward Mountain and sauntered up to him. "So. . .I hear you and Y/N are together. And they've been in your room? My, you need some things."

With that, Sodo pulled Mountain towards the health and beauty section of the store, Swiss following behind them with the basket of chocolate.

. . .

"Whatcha got, Rain?"

Rain, who was hidden by the stack of books in his arms, started to excitedly explain each book he picked out. Cumulus listened, happy that he found some good reads.

"I found a documentary on the oceans!" She told him.

"Cool!" Rain set down his stack of books to look at the documentary. Rain liked to watch shows about the Earth, history videos, and science programs, so Cumulus knew he would be interested in the documentary.

"I know, right! Let's show everyone else."

. . .

"Hi, can I order at least five loaves of that bree-osh bread?" Sunshine questioned the bakery worker.

"Actually, we have a few out on the table behind you." The worker pointed at the wood table, and Sunshine lightly smacked her forehead.

"Ah, I should've looked around first! Thank you!"

As Sunshine put the loaves into her basket, Aether came up to talk to her.

"Hey, Sunny."

"Hi, Aether! I found some of that bree-osh bread."

"Brioche, Sunny. It's called brioche," he laughed.

"What's with the tie?"

Aether realized he still wore the tie he tried on. "Oh, this one was on sale."

"I like that purpley shade," she told him as he took it off. He set it in her basket.

"Well, I guess I'll buy it. It's on sale, anyways."

. . .

"Ok, now you're going to need this brand, and maybe some of these. What do you think, Swiss?"

After dragging Mountain to the health section of the store, Sodo brought him to the family planning aisle. He and Swiss filled up half of a basket with a variety of items that Sodo insisted were necessary.

"I really don't think I need all these. . ."

"You want children, Mounty?" Sodo asked.

"Not yet-"

"Then keep it wrapped!" Swiss told him, setting more condom boxes into the basket.

"Satan, you must think I need to fuck every second of every day with all this stuff you keep getting me."

"So you're somewhat admitting you would want to do it with them?"

"Leave them out of this!" Mountain hissed, checking down the aisles for anyone he knew.

"Anyways, Swiss, which one?"

"What is going on here?" Cirrus asked, walking down the aisle.

"IT'S THEIRS!" Mountain shot his arm out to point at Sodo and Swiss, still looking at the different boxes.

"Whatever. I'm just here for my stuff. You do you." Cirrus ignored the guys, put some containers of pads and tampons next to the pair of shoes in her basket, and walked away.

"If she tells Y/N that you have held me hostage in this aisle buying condoms and lube, you both will never see the light of day again," Mountain threatened through gritted teeth, his fangs sticking out menacingly.

After some time bargaining with Swiss and Sodo about the different products they wanted to buy him, Mountain settled on letting them get one box of condoms and lube. But only if they kept their mouths shut about the whole shopping fiasco.

. . .

"There you all are!" Phantom called out. He brought his basket of art supplies over to the other ghouls, showing off his haul.

You noticed Mountain wasn't as calm as before, so you went up to him to talk. "Found a hoodie? On sale, too!"

You tried to pick it up to look at it, but Mountain gently but sternly pulled your hand away, holding it instead. When it was time to check out, Mountain told you to show Phantom how to use the self-checkout machines as he purchased his own stuff. He grabbed his receipt and shoved it into his bag before waiting outside the store for you. He held your hand on the walk back, and swore.

"Damn them!" He pointed at Sodo and Swiss. "Look at how many bags they have! All full of chocolate bars!"