4- Introductions

Sister Ash led you and Copia down a hallway, and up a flight of stairs. She told you to wait there while she told Sister Imperator that you had arrived. She took a right turn and disappeared around the corner. Copia motioned for you to sit down in a chair, and he sat next to you. The hallway was skinny enough that you could stretch your legs and they would touch the opposite wall.

"Uh, Copia?"

"Yes?"

"Should we tell Sister Ash to throw out her cigarette?" You pointed at the "No Smoking" sign on the wall.

"Eh, best leave her be. She has to work today even though everyone else gets off. Terzo probably wanted to keep her company. I am very sorry for that encounter, Y/N."

"It's okay; it wasn't your fault."

A door slammed, and Sister Ash appeared from around the corner without the cigarette.

"You can go in now. To the right, three doors down. Knock first," she promptly left, practically stomping down the stairs.

Copia was picking at his hands and staring into his lap. He let out a breath when you could no longer hear the stomps. Copia gave a pained smile and took the camping supplies from you.

"She gets on my nerves sometimes. But back to you, Y/N! You will do great, just remember to show respect. I hate it when people don't do that. I know you won't let me down!" Copia told you.

"Thank you," you whispered.

Copia gave a wave and a thumbs-up, and you took a right turn. Three doors down, you adjusted your shirt and knocked.

"Come in."

You opened the door and sunlight flooded your sight through a large window. There was a small circle rug in the center of the room, a rocking chair in the corner, and a desk with a leather chair were against the wall near the window. Hoards of books were on a bookshelf to your left. On the right wall, a picture of a church was placed on the mantle above a fireplace. You saw a woman, most likely Sister Imperator, inspecting a potted plant on a shelf near her desk. You shut the door as you walked in.

"Hello, I am Sister Imperator. Please take a seat," her attention was fully on you, and she grabbed paperwork off her desk to hand to you. She turned around to face you, and her grey eyes stared into yours. She wore a black blouse, shoes, and skirt with a silver upside down cross necklace.

"I am Y/N. Ma'am, I didn't mean to cross on your property. Please forgive me," you apologized as you sat in the rocking chair.

"It is all right, Y/N; I am not worried about that. Normally I would not rush introductions but I am quite busy today, so this will have to do. The Ministry is very dear to my heart, and I would like to share my experiences with you. Would you like a job here? You could start out small and work your way up."

Jobs? Sister Imperator really liked to rush things. You had no clue what to say, but you would have free time. Why not get some money and meet new people? You wanted to say "I'm interested" or "yes please," but said them at the same time. The end result was, "I'm yes, please."

Sister Imperator gave you a puzzled look, but continued talking. "Perfect! I will have a job for you soon, Y/N. In the meantime, could you please fill out this paperwork?"

You got up from the chair and went over to Sister's desk. She gave you a pen, and you began to fill out an introduction sheet. It asked simple questions like your name, phone number, and birthday. When you were finished, you passed the pen and paper to Sister, who was sitting in her desk chair.

"If I may ask, what was that barrier that I passed through?" You asked.

"The sound barrier was created for us to be protected from the outside world. We had some of the earliest ghouls summoned use their powers to create the barrier. Unfortunately, they were weakened. Now all ghouls summoned are sent with much less power than the original ghouls to prevent the kind of treatment that the first ones received."