39- Season's Greetings

"Sodo get back here. We have to finish raking all the leaves."

"Aww, Cir! But-"

"No 'buts'! Get yourself over here and back to work! Aeth, Rain, and I have done all the work so far." 

"So if it's almost done, then why do I need to help?"

Cirrus sighed and set her rake against the shed. The leaves had started to fall over the past few weeks, and a thick layer accumulated on the ground. It was going to snow soon, and they all had to be cleaned up. A quarter of the yard was left to clean up, and Sodo hadn't helped at all. He had taken every chance to sit on his phone complaining that his music was not playing properly, go inside to get something to drink, and generally wasting time and avoiding work. 

"Well then, I guess you don't get any pie," Cirrus said. She saw a slight smile form on Aether's lips, and Rain stifled a laugh. Sodo turned and stared at her.

"Pie?"

"Yep. Too bad you'll be out here by yourself cleaning up the rest of yard. Let's go." She gestured to Rain and Aether, who set their rakes against the shed. 

"Wait! Where are you going?" Sodo asked.

"Inside to eat some of the delicious apple pie Swiss made," Aether told him.

"Have fun." Rain shut and locked the house door behind him as he entered the house last.

"What about meee!" Sodo pounded on the door. The wind blew a little stronger, and he pulled up the hood of his coat. Sodo huffed and picked up a rake before getting to work. 

. . .

"Oh my Satan! He has a little sweater!" Copia cooed. He held Tobias and gently stroked his tummy as he coddled the rat. "Where did you get that it? I think I may need to get some for my babies."

"I got them from one of the vendors at the craft sale this past week. But I also found these. . ." you said as you held out a small gift bag. Copia traded with you, and he took the bag while you took Tobias back. His eyes lit up when he saw the contents. 

"These will look so cute on my babies!" Copia got up off his chair and went to the sunroom. He picked up his rat Yoshi and brought her back into the room. 

"I could only get three, but I'm sure there will be more to buy next time."

"Oh, this is perfect! Don't worry about it. I'm just very grateful that you got me some!" Copia said as he put a maroon sweater on his rat. "Look at her!"

You smiled as you saw Yoshi in her new sweater, and the rat gave a happy squeak. Copia let you hold her while he took the two other sweaters out of the bag. 

"Thank you so much!"

. . .

"Your mask is so cold!"

"Yea, it gets pretty bad in the winter since it's metal," Mountain said, his arms still wrapped around you in a hug. When the hug ended, you shut the door behind Mountain as he took off his coat and satchel. He wore a cream-colored sweater with a red pattern on it.

"I'm so glad you could make it!"

"I wouldn't miss out any time with you. Where do you want this?" Mountain held up the large bag he had. "The counter?"

"That would be perfect. I knew I said to surprise me, but what did you bring?"

Mountain put his elbows on the kitchen counter and rested his head in his hands. "Guess, love."

"Ah, fine. Chicken?" you walked over to get a few serving utensils and plates. 

"Yes. With green bean casserole. Swiss said he would bring over some of his pie."