10- Ghouls (Pt. 2)

Mountain was not better when morning came.

You were the first to wake up, and you found him in the kitchen with a mug full of coffee. The sun shone off his mask, and you could see him picking at a blueberry muffin with a fork.

"Are you any better?"

"I got up around three in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Must be the dairy still," he said as he kicked his barstool. He wasn't wearing any shoes, so his socks softly tapped the chair.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could help you."

Mountain's tail swayed back and forth as he stood up from the chair. He had to be seven feet tall. Mountain set the fork down and looked into your eyes.

"Well maybe there's something you could do," he smirked.

. . .

"Crap, this is a mess," you said.

Flour was everywhere. On the counters, on the floor, even on the kitchen cabinets.

Mountain had convinced you to make a cake with him. He told you that baking and cooking, his favorite hobbies besides gardening, helped him relax.

After putting the cake into the oven, you pushed Mountain out of the way and grabbed a rag. You began to clean the cabinets when Copia and the rest of the ghouls came downstairs.

"Unholy Satan, what happened?" Copia asked. You remembered his fear of anything dirty, and scrubbed faster.

"Cake fiasco," Mountain responded while washing the mixing bowl.

As everyone else ate breakfast, Copia sat in the living room. You heard him play a few notes on his guitar and ball up sheets of paper.

"Copia, the cake is done! Should I cut you a piece?" You called to him.

"Maybe later? I'm kind of busy right now."

You walked into the living room and saw Copia surrounded by balled-up pieces of paper. He has something scribbled on the notepad next to him, and he played a few notes.

"Here, listen." Copia played a few noted for you.

"Sounds good! What are you writing?"

"I've been reading a book about the Plague, and I think I want to write an album about it. I might be able to become Papa sooner if I release music."

"That might work," you told him as you sat on the floor next to the couch.

"What's up whores."

Sodo walked into the living room with two pieces of cake on his plate. Mountain must've found frosting in the cupboard, since the pieces had a large pile of frosting on them.

"Nice words, please," you told him.

Sodo plopped down next to you and began to eat the cake. It was only morning! He would get a bad sugar high later.

"Copia, I'm going to the library later today. Should I pick up some more books for you?" You asked.

"If you could, please."

. . .

"No, no, get back here! DON'T TOUCH THE WALLS!"

You came back from the library to drop off books for Copia when you heard yells throughout the house.

"CAN'T CATCH ME NOW, FUCKERS!"

One of the ghouls ran past you and into the kitchen. They had frosting all over their mask, and apparently needed to refuel. It took you a moment, but you realized it was Sodo. He grabbed a large serving spoon and ate frosting straight from the tub. Cirrus ran into the kitchen only for Sodo to run past her, escaping Copia and the rest of the ghouls by doing laps around the house.

"Swiss, get your boyfriend under control," you called into the house.

"Honestly, he terrifies me," a voice said. You opened the cupboard under the sink and found Swiss crammed in it. "He tried to force-feed me frosting. I had to hide somewhere, and I knew he wouldn't look by the cleaning supplies."

You helped Swiss out, and hid the tub of frosting in the empty oven. As Sodo made his way to the kitchen again, you and Swiss hid behind the kitchen island. You both tacked Sodo to the ground as he looked for the frosting. He fought and squirmed until Copia came and chewed him out about running around and making a mess of his house. The rest of the ghouls took this as their chance to say a quick goodbye and leave the situation. Copia decided that Sodo's punishment would be to clean up the entire house by himself to Copia's standards of cleanliness.

As Copia explained, Sodo wrapped his tail around Swiss', making Swiss' eyes go wide. Swiss yanked Sodo's tail away from his own, and applied more pressure onto his arm to restrain him. Sodo's tail thrashed around and threatened to hit Copia, so you used your free hand to stop it.

"Don't," Sodo whispered. He turned his head to look at you.

As you pinned his tail to the ground, Sodo's eyes rolled into the back of his head. You could guess that his face had an expression of pure bliss underneath his silver mask. He gave a breathy gasp which caused Copia to stop his lecture and give Sodo the death glare.

"You dare ignore me? Listen up, buttercup! This house better be spotless!" Copia smacked Sodo's arm to get his attention, and then saw you pinning his tail down.

"Hand off the tail, now, Y/N."

You did as Copia told you, and Copia gave Sodo a few more words. After the speech, Sodo got up and jogged off.

"You don't know much about ghouls yet," Swiss told you he helped you up.

"Why?"

"Um, well, you see. . .," Swiss started off.

"Does it have to do with your tails?" You asked.

"Uh, yea, actually. When pressure and rubbing is applied to our tails, it-it affects us," Swiss stared at the floor as his voice got quiet.

"So you mea-OH. You mean that way. I am so, so sorry. What do I do? Do I apologize?" You blushed as you frantically spoke.

"I assume you don't want to help him, so you could text him if face-to-face conversation would be too embarrassing."

You immediately pulled out your phone and typed up a simple apology. Sodo replied with, "not your fault babe. i will expect help next time tho 😏"

You found Copia in the living room still with his guitar and papers. You dug the library books out of your backpack and handed them to him.

"Many thanks, cara mia," Copia gave a pained smile.

"Hey, do you know if Mountain is any better? He didn't feel too good this morning," you asked.

"He was actually the first one to leave. After finishing the dishes, of course. Mountain knows better than to leave a mess." He paged through a book as he talked to you.

"How much do you have written?"

"Not much. I'm writing a song about rats! It is believed that fleas on rats spread the plague. It also serves as a tribute to my pets!" He excitedly told you.

"Nice!"

"I would love to play it for you, but I have to go to a meeting now."

"Could you send me a recording?"

"Sure!"

"See you!" With that, you left Copia's house and went home.