11- Band Practice

Group Chat

Copia: Practice is at 2 today, y'all

Aether: 👍

Sunshine: Should I be there?

Copia: Yup; Y/N, you can come too

Okay! It's at the church right?

Cirrus: in the church basement

. . .

"Hit it!"

The church basement seemed much more modern than the main level. Oak panels and rugs covered the main room's floor, with a similar design in the bathroom, office rooms, and small kitchen. The main room had acoustic drywall and tapestries hung on the walls in an effort to reduce noise, but you could hear the band from the upstairs lobby when you came into the church.

You currently sat in the corner of the room on a beanbag, listening to the ghouls play "Square Hammer" while Copia struggled to learn the song. He had a music stand with sheet music on it, but had trouble with learning the notes. Terzo sang along, teaching him. Occasionally, Copia would look at you for a smile of approval.

As the song ended, you clapped and got up. The ghouls gave each other high fives and practiced challenging parts of the song. Terzo pointed at the sheet music and gave Copia advise.

"Great job!" You told him.

"Don't lie. I did a shit job," Copia said.

"It was good for your first time!" Terzo told him.

"Please. I need to practice more; that was terrible. I even know the song just not the damn notes!" Copia retorted. He put the paper into a folder.

"Ungrateful son of a. . ." Terzo muttered as he took the folder. "I have to leave. Good luck practicing!"

Terzo took your hand and kissed it. "Y/N. Donec iterum conveniant."

As Copia walked Terzo out, Sodo came up behind you and started making kissing noises.

"Look who's got a simp already!" He mocked. You were going to turn around to scold him, but he gave you a hug from behind.

"Want to play my guitar?" He offered.

"Why not," you responded. Sodo stopped hugging you, and got his guitar and a pick. He put the strap over your head and adjusted it for you.

"Ok, do this," Sodo told you. He stood behind you and guided your hands. He put your hand on the fretboard and then strummed with the other.

"I only sing, so this is definitely different," you told him.

"Such a good job, baby," Sodo whispered in your ear. His body was pressed against yours, with his tail wrapped around your leg. The rest of the ghouls stopped practicing, and one cleared their throat.

Sodo dropped his hands and tail and stepped away from you. "Fine! Darling, watch this."

Sodo took the guitar and pick from you, and played a riff. When he finished, he made a show of licking the pick and tossing it back to you. You were going to give it back to him, but he made you keep it.

"Start up 'He Is', I want another go at this one," Copia called out as he entered the room.

Sodo and Aether started playing the acoustic guitars that were in the corner while Rain joined in with his bass. Swiss motioned for you to sing with him, Copia, and Sunshine. You gathered around the music stand and began the song.