13- "Wait, did he plan a date?"

After work on Friday, you went home to take a shower and get changed. You put on grey shorts and a light t-shirt and were ready to go. You just had to wait for Mountain to text you the location.

Mountain

Hey where are we going to meet

Gardens
I'll meet you at the front gate

. . .

When you got there, Mountain was pacing by the gate. His tail anxiously swayed as he waited for you. As you approached him, you could hear his shoes crunch on the gravel and he was mumbling to himself.

"Hi, Mountain," you said. Mountain stopped mumbling and smiled.

"Hello, Y/N." Mountain stepped toward you with his arms out for a hug. "Oh, uh, can I give you a hug?"

"Absolutely." You wrapped your arms around him as you hugged. Mountain tried to make it less awkward by leaning down, but his arms ended up engulfing you. You let go, and Mountain led the way into the gardens.

You could smell the flowers on a gentle breeze as you walked, and you admired the work done to make the gardens as beautiful as they were. No one was working, since everyone got to go home and hour early. Mountain led you past the flowerbed you worked on and further into the gardens.

Finally, you reached a large pond with a weeping willow tree next to it. Mountain parted the leaves and you walked through to see that he set up a blanket with a picnic basket next to it. You both sat down and Mountain pulled out a plastic baggie with watermelon in it.

"I didn't know if you ate, so I brought some fruit just in case."

You thanked him and ate some. The sweet fruit was just the right thing you needed after spending most of the day edging the flowerbed. Mountain sealed up the bag, and pulled out some paper plates and drumsticks. He flipped over the plates and set them up to represent the different drums. The larger plates were the drums while the smaller ones were the cymbals.

Mountain took your hands in his and showed you how to play a simple pattern like before. You started out slow and sped up, eventually adding new things in. After a while, you were able to watch Mountain and repeat what he played.

"Thank you for teaching me! Maybe I can play in the band sometime," you told him as you helped clean up.

"You've got a little more to learn, but I wouldn't mind having someone around to play." Mountain led you to the pond, and you both sat down in the grass. You watched some ducks swimming in the pond. It was getting darker outside, so the solar-powered lamps started to turn on.

The ducks lazily swam around as you and Mountain watched. Mountain's tail curled around his leg and he purred softly. You looked at him out of the corner of you eye. The sun hit his mask, making the ghoul glow like an angel.

"Mountain, can I ask you something? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." You were struck with confidence, but you still were uncertain about asking him your question.

"Ask away, Y/N. I'll answer to the best of my ability." He looked at you, encouragingly. The black fabric covering his mouth outlined a faint smile on his lips.

"So, in Hell, what- what exactly is it like?" You broke eye contact since you were afraid of how he would react.

"Hmm. Hell is a bit complicated." He pause, choosing his words. "For starters, it's hot and and steamy there. As in the weather and sexually, too. But it can be like Heaven if you truly find pleasure in believing in it. Most humans that I know from Hell find it. . .adequate. They have romanticized it so much that they are not able to accept it for what it is.

"On the other hand, the people sent there for their crimes have been taken care of and will never see the beauty that I see when I think of Hell. I'm not certain how to answer your question, but I hope I at least helped you." Mountain watched the ducks as he finished talking.

"No, you have answered my question. Thank you so much."

Mountain walked you back to the gate. You said goodbye, and you walked home. Later that evening, you were texting the ghoulettes.

Cirrus, Cumulus, & Sunshine

Cirrus: how was your day everybody

Sunshine: Good! Went shopping and got some cute boots

Cumulus: yes girl!!!! mine was all right I read and got some new books

Cirrus: I went out and met mist for lunch

Wait, Mist was the bassist, right

Cirrus: ya. what did u do today Y/N?

I had work and then met Mountain

Sunshine: just met him? U sure nothing else happned?

Cumulus: Yea, hes usually quite busy- what prompted this?

He offered to teach me how to play the drums, so we met in the gardens and he brought aome paper plates & drunstick to teach me. We also had spme watermelon and watched ducks swim in the pond

Sunshine: cute!

Cumulus: Wait, did he plan a date?

Cirrus: sure sounds like one

I dont think so

Cumulus: Just bc u dont think so doesnt mean it wasnt a date

Im sure it wasnt. Just keep this to the chat tho. I dont want rumora to spread

Cirrus: pinky promise

Sunshine: I promise

Cumulus: my mouth is sealed