ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓣⓦⓔⓝⓣⓨ ⓕⓘⓥⓔ

ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓒⓐⓡⓝⓐⓣⓔⓓ: ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓣⓦⓔⓝⓣⓨ ⓕⓘⓥⓔ

~Arlie P.O.V.~

I looked up at Ginot and Loso and then at Joel who was still eating his cookie with nothing but fondness.

"Now Tilly Beans' got me paranoid about Heather. Can y'all watch Joel for me while I go check on her?" They both nodded their heads and I walked out the front door, jogging back down to the other end of the block to get back to my house.

Approaching my car, I got in and found my phone... I knew it wasn't inside but that's weird of me to leave it in the car. I put it on the charger and backed out of my drive way, going in the direction of Heather's house. I'm sure she was fine but Tilly Beans put some doubt in my head with her last statement.

I parked my car on the curb after the short drive and saw her car in the driveway. I walked up the small brick pathway and jumped the single step, putting me at her door. I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for her to open the door.

Time passed but there was no answer, so I rang the bell again and even added a pound to the door but there was still nothing. I now lost all my patience and gave a few kicks to the door till the door knob broke off and the door fell open.

"Heather?!" I called out. I closed the door and latched it with the top lock so it would stay closed and proceeded with looking around for her. "Heather! Where are you?!" I continued to call out but I got no response.

I walked up the stairs to the top story and didn't find her in any of the rooms up there. I knocked on her door but got no response. Opening the door, I found her with her hair wrapped up in a towel and earbuds in her ears as she was lotioning herself.

"Oh my God!" She said with a jump when she looked up in the mirror to see my reflection. She pulled out her earbuds and scrambled to grab her towel from off the ground. "What are you doing here?"

"I ain't mean to walk in on you like this but I was just checking to make sure you were good. You weren't answering the door and that had me worried." I said as I stuffed my hands in my pockets and gave a slight shrug of my shoulders. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, can I just have a moment to put something on?" I saw the smooth tattooed bronzed skin of her side poking through her towel and was immediately drawn to it.

"Lemme see your tattoo real quick." I said as I stepped up to her but she backed up with a small laugh. "Don't play these kid games with me, I just wanna see it. It looks hella familiar." She took a few more steps back, the towel on her head falling off, letting her dark wet hair fall down over her, sticking to her body.

"No." She continued to laugh till she back up against a wall. I pulled the towel away from the tattoo and just stared.

"When did you get this?" I asked as I still looked at it. "And who did it?"

"I got it a couple weeks ago and you remember the man who did all of your ear tattoos?" I nodded. "He has a daughter down in Vallejo. She did it." She had three red roses going up along her side, nearly the same as the three roses I had going up on the side of my left hand.

"She did my roses too." I said bringing my eyes up to hers. "Did she tell you what mine represent?" She nodded. "Is that why you got 'em?" She nodded again and I dropped my eyes.

"Are you going to add a rose for Joel?" She asked as she grabbed my hand and looked at mine. "I saw you left a free space."

"That was supposed to be for the next child you and I were gonna have after we got married but we saw how that turned out. I'm might do something different for Joel but if not, then yeah I'm putting another rose." I intertwined my hand with hers and smiled down at her.