ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓕⓞⓤⓡⓣⓔⓔⓝ

ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓒⓐⓡⓝⓐⓣⓔⓓ: ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓕⓞⓤⓡⓣⓔⓔⓝ

~Arlie P.O.V.~
~A Few Days Later~ (Saturday)

I headed out the front door and walked down the porch steps, till I got to the driveway and stood there with my hands in my pocket as I watched Amber's car roll into the driveway and come to a stop. She emerged from the car, not once looking up at me and going to the back of the car.

I walked up to the other backdoor and opened it. Pulling out a smiling Joel, I held him close and kissed his cheek.

"I missed you so much, Joel." I said as I looked at him. A smile on my face, he wrapped his arms around my neck and gave a squeeze.

"Down." He said and I set him right down, where he stumbled around till he got to the porch steps.

"Hi Amber." I said when she came around the front of the car holding some luggage.

"Hi." She said plain and simple. Brushing past me, she went right inside and I followed her in. Taking Joel right in as well.

"When you've put the luggage away, you and I need to seriously talk." She gave a nod of her head as she headed up the stairs. "Joel are you hungry?" I asked.

"Nope." I motioned for him to come here and he gladly walked up to me. Again I motioned for him to hold his arms up, and naturally he did. I slipped off his shirt for him and sent him on his way... He doesn't need to wear a shirt inside the house. I don't generally believe in that unless there's company. I heard Amber's footsteps coming down the wooden stairs and took a seat at the table, patiently waiting for her.

"We both need to promise we won't yell." She said first and foremost upon taking her seat.

"I can't make such a promise. Say or do anything that spikes my temper, and that promise would be broken in an instant. I'll try to keep in mind not to yell though." She let out a slightly disappointed sigh but nodded in understanding. "What we have goin' on right now, is not good. Agree?"

"I agree it's not good."

"Especially the little stunt of just up and moving down to San Diego. You'd be ten hours away from me. I'm not gonna be ten hours away from my son, I'm not even going to be an hour away-"

"Do you even understand why I want us to relocate?"

"Yeah because of Heather. I already know what you're trying to do and let me tell you this, you could have me move a million different places but wherever I go, there is always a chance of Heather being right there as well. Her and I are forever locked with each other because we have a daughter together and you knew and understood that from the very beginning when I told you what my life was all about and who was involved."

"Do you think it's fair to me to sit here and see you openly walk out that door knowing you're going to go hang out with a woman who is notorious for toying with you and she knows how to get you wrapped right around her finger. I don't want to be the one who gets the short end of the stick and is stuck with heart break because she did something to lure you right back to her. All the reason I need to believe that, is take a look at Ivette. Get mad and leave because I threw that card, go right ahead Arlie."

"For the love of God Amber! The Ivette issue doesn't relate to you because Ivette happened out of spite! I was being spiteful to Heather when I got with Ivette! Stop using that card-"

"Look at what happened with her though! She was in love with you, you told her you loved her, much like you and I right now and who dangled around in the background just poking at your relationship with Ivette?!"