ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓔⓛⓔⓥⓔⓝ

ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓒⓐⓡⓝⓐⓣⓔⓓ: ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓔⓛⓔⓥⓔⓝ

~Tilly Beans P.O.V.~

I began to regain consciousness and sat up. Holding my head, I looked around and saw I was still on the road, with my car right there like how it was before I was blacked out.

I tried to stand up but only collapsed again. I dragged myself against the broken asphalt road, scraping my legs along the way till I could reach the steering wheel and pulled myself all the way in. I slammed my door shut and grabbed my phone from off the passenger seat where I had dropped it and dialed King's number.

"Hello?"

"King... Please come to that first exit from Lexis' house... I need a spare tire and I don't feel good at all." I said desperately into the phone. I felt short of breath, a constricted feeling around my throat, and drowsy. I was trying to prevent myself from panicking but my patience was wearing so thin.

"I'm on the way, just relax." I dropped the phone and rolled my head back against the head rest. My hand dropped down to my lap. It wasn't that I couldn't move, it was just I lacked the energy to move which was a feeling I've never endured in my life.

To think my situation couldn't get any worse, from the farthest most corner of my eye, I saw a nigga with a sniper aimed right at my car, specifically where the engine would be located beneath the hood.

He fired at the car and a fiery inferno was right before my eyes. The car jolted straight up and split into large chunks, sending me flying over the rail of the exit, landing me in the brush below. Parts of the car that were on fire scattered near me, setting some of the brush a blaze and all I could do was lay here, numb. Glass and metal shards were stuck in parts of my body that I could see, just not feel. I closed my eyes and just tried to calm myself back down considering what bullshit I was in.

What felt like hours, was only a few minutes but I heard cars up above pull up to a screeching stop. The smell of burning rubber and metal was so prominent in the air it seemed like I could taste it in the back of my throat.

"Mariah!" I heard King's booming voice yell. "Mariah where are you!" He continued to yell.

"Down here." I tried my best to choke out. It came out so shrill and quiet, I honestly didn't even think he heard me. Well apparently his hearing is still on point since I could hear branch crunching footsteps coming nearer to me within minutes of me trying to get his attention.

"Mariah, I'm right here. Is anything broken?"

"I dunno." I breathed out as he peeled me from my little spot and put me over his shoulder.

"I'm taking you to the hospital, alright?" He said as he carried me back the way he came. I took a look up and saw the nigga who originally had the sniper staring at King and I as we walked away into the trees. His gun wasn't in hand but he stood there just watching till he was no longer in my line of vision. I closed my eyes again and just continued to dangle till we got to the hospital.

***

A long while later, I woke up to find an oxygen tube thing just under my nose and multiple IV's in the back of my hand. Blankets on top of blankets were layered over my legs and a wrist band was right there on my wrist... Great. I'm admitted to the hospital.

"Look who's awake." King said with a smile from his chair that sat right in front of the window. From what it looks like, we were many floors up... I don't do heights unless it involves money.

"I feel like pure shit." I groaned out as pain shot up through my back when I tried moving. "Why the fuck does it hurt." I said automatically irritated at the struggle I now was faced with. On the bright side, I was at least in a purple gown.