ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓢⓔⓥⓔⓝⓣⓔⓔⓝ

ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓒⓐⓡⓝⓐⓣⓔⓓ: ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓢⓔⓥⓔⓝⓣⓔⓔⓝ

~The Next Morning~
~Breezy P.O.V.~

I woke up to a dark room and sat up. Rubbing my eyes and letting out a yawn, I stretched myself out then finally got out of bed- oh my God I was supposed to go to Yvonne's yesterday.

"Fucking shit." I hissed under my tongue as I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and was surprised to not see a text or missed call from her. I scrolled for her name and pressed the phone to my ear.

No answer. Just voicemail.

I hung up and set the phone back down. I headed to the bathroom next to my room and saw Trey's door was already open so he must be downstairs.

***

"Morning." Trey said tossing me a bagel. "It's strawberry cream cheese."

"Thanks and mornin'. What are you doin' today?" I took a seat at the table with my bagel and took a bite... This cream cheese though. Got a nigga in love on the first bite.

"Layin' low. What about you?"

"Goin' to Yvonne's. I'm stayin' away from my trap for a few days. Last thing I need is to be shot up there."

"Tell her I say hey." I nodded. "You don't think they saw us right?" He said walking over to the table as well with his bagels and orange juice.

"We were hidden."

"Shit's crazy man." He said with a small shake of his head.

"That was nothin' compared to what I saw in NYC. Trust Trey, Melo got it lucky that it was a quick execution. It could have been so much worse." My mind filled with all the memories of people being tortured. Their bodies mutilated but they were kept alive for weeks just to suffer. The screams and cries coming from the back room as women and children were forced to watch- I set my bagel down and pushed it aside.

"You aigh-"

"I'm good T. Melo was already dead when they decapitated him. So at least he didn't have to feel the decapitation." I dropped my head and caught a glimpse of my arms. The cuts, burns, and bruises that tattooed my arms was only a reminder of just how bad this drug game was getting. "Look, I'm just gonna go to Yvonne's. I don't wanna think about this gang shit for the day."

"I agree. I'll see you when you get back." I stood up and dapped him before grabbing my keys from off the counter and heading out to my car. It needs a new paint job because damn... Got so many spots where the paint's chipping off.

***

Pulling out the key to Yvonne's apartment, I let myself inside and instantly smiled when I saw Breezon right in the hallway with his blocks. He looked back at me with a look I can't even describe.

"Aye Breezon." I said reaching down to pick him up. He already had that pacifier in his mouth but he looked so cute with it. "I missed you buddy."

"He missed you too." Yvonne said stepping out of his room. She was in sweats and a plain T-shirt but still looks damn fine. "He sat in the hall for hours facing the door as he played with his blocks."

"I'm sorry Yvonne. I know I said I was gonna stop by but some gang ish went down."

"A phone call or text was all I needed. I was waiting nearly all night so I could let you in- I didn't even know you had the key to my apartment." She said staring at my keychain.

"Yeah I took it from the cabinet last time I was here. Like I said, I'm sorry Yvonne." I followed her over to the couch and took a seat next to her, setting Breezon down on my lap.